Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2013, 12:40 AM

3 posts, read 5,788 times

Advertisements

This might seem like a strange question, but I'm at my wits end. We are searching for my sons ex girlfriend who fled with his baby girl to La Porte Texas 5 months ago. We have gone through lawyers and he got custody of his daughter, but the girl is now moved and we can't find her to serve her the final paper to surrender custody of his daughter. All we have are photos from instagram and the latest show her in an apartment building, color is dark green, two story, with wrought iron railings and outdoor entrances. Almost like a motel type. I'd post a picture but don't know how to block out her face. Anyone familiar with this type of place? I know they don't have much money and it doesn't appear to be in the best condition.

This is a shot in the dark, but figure I'd try. Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2013, 05:03 AM

5,976 posts, read 15,264,045 times
Default Hire a private investigator

This will probably be moved to a different forum. You are going about this the wrong way, you need to go by vital information, such as names. If anything, you will be able to find her family. She may be on the run, but her parents probably are not. Once you locate siblings, or parents, you can turn it over to a private investigator who can track her down, or maybe even her parents, or even siblings (if she has any) who may be sympathetic and give you more information. But again, you need to start with a name so people here can help you.

I recently found a person for someone, but it required a name.

//www.city-data.com/forum/peopl...-dob-07-a.html

Old 10-16-2013, 11:06 AM

Thanks..I've done alot on my own, background checks, and whatnot. I happen to know alot of info on her already and her mother who she is staying with, and relatives, but I'm pretty financially exhausted with lawyers and she recently seemed to have pulled a fast one, and is somewhere I can't find. except for the background of this picture. Noone in the family is talking. But thanks. I feel odd giving a name here, do you think that will help. If so, I'll spew all I got.

Old 10-16-2013, 03:47 PM

Default Yes, I understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sistergldnhair66 View Post
Thanks..I've done alot on my own, background checks, and whatnot. I happen to know alot of info on her already and her mother who she is staying with, and relatives, but I'm pretty financially exhausted with lawyers and she recently seemed to have pulled a fast one, and is somewhere I can't find. except for the background of this picture. Noone in the family is talking. But thanks. I feel odd giving a name here, do you think that will help. If so, I'll spew all I got.
Most people on CD are anonymous, and wish to stay this way. Posting names, phone numbers, email, etc., is usually not allowed, but if you go to the 'PEOPLE SEARCH' forum, it is widely accepted in that forum as it is a requirement to be able to locate a person.

But it seems you already know where her family is at, the next step would be for your son to have a presence there as well. I would not post any info since you have what you need. If she's in anyway financially dependent on her family, chances are she will stay close, if not with them.

Since there is a legal custody ruling in favor of the father already, he can go to the constable's office (with legal documents in hand of course) and request the assistance of an officer and go to the woman's home and get his daughter. It is ugly and traumatic for every person involved, no matter what side. Since she took the child before the ruling, she cannot be charged with kidnapping because if there is no legal custody ruling in place, one parent does not have to get permission from the other to take the child anywhere. If she was served with papers, however, she knows she does not have legal custody and at that point would be in violation of the order, and she could possibly face arrest.

Of course, you posted here to find out where exactly she is... if you don't live there, you will need to hire a private investigator. They are not too expensive, especially considering it involves a life, but you need to find a reputable one.

Good luck, if you remember, let us know how it turned out.

Old 10-16-2013, 06:22 PM

Thanks, would the people search forum be able to help with a reputable one in the area do you think? We are missing our baby so much, my son is going out of his mind. We just want this over.

Old 10-16-2013, 07:39 PM

Default Not sure...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sistergldnhair66 View Post
Thanks, would the people search forum be able to help with a reputable one in the area do you think? We are missing our baby so much, my son is going out of his mind. We just want this over.
I am not sure, but a lot of posters in that forum can do a search for you. I'm not sure what tools they have at their disposal, but if they know/find something, they'll often ask you to send them a private message (PM). I don't lurk there, but I helped someone in the El Paso forum, and I see that the mods move these threads there eventually.

Your case may be harder, she would need to have to pay a bill on her own, with her current address. If she's staying with people, that is when you need a PI who will stake out her family's house(s), and track her that way.

You can also start a new thread in the Houston forum asking for PI referrals, I am sure you will get some.

Old 10-16-2013, 09:29 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,021,657 times
I grew up there. Right click the picture file and open with paint. Select the eraser and remove whatever you want.

Is there any buildings in the picture or of the apartment? How do you know it's in LaPorte?

Old 10-17-2013, 09:57 AM

2,756 posts, read 3,805,583 times
I'm no pro at this but I think you can check the geotag info to find the location of the photo. You probably need to save the photos down to your computer. Google "geotag to find location".

Old 02-13-2015, 07:40 AM

31 posts, read 93,984 times
Have to be a little cautious here people. How does one know that the poster is not a stalker themselves? Seems if you knew the person is in LaPorte and you have a court order, why not contact the local police dept to serve the order? I apologize if I am wrong, I am also cautious. At this point if he has custody, this is now a kidnapping case right? Why would the police not be all over that? If you are for real...call the LaPorte Police Dept.

Old 02-13-2015, 08:03 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,914,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenry57 View Post
Have to be a little cautious here people. How does one know that the poster is not a stalker themselves? Seems if you knew the person is in LaPorte and you have a court order, why not contact the local police dept to serve the order? I apologize if I am wrong, I am also cautious. At this point if he has custody, this is now a kidnapping case right? Why would the police not be all over that? If you are for real...call the LaPorte Police Dept.
Wellllllll this matter may or may not have resolved itself, as it was last updated in 2013.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston