Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2015, 09:16 PM

11 posts, read 10,718 times

Advertisements

We are wanting to take a trip to HI but don't know the first thing about it. Can anyone suggest a travel agency that can steer us in the right direction on what to do on a budget and where to stay. We don't even know which island to visit for a short visit. TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2015, 10:01 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,296,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by libra1020 View Post
We are wanting to take a trip to HI but don't know the first thing about it. Can anyone suggest a travel agency that can steer us in the right direction on what to do on a budget and where to stay. We don't even know which island to visit for a short visit. TIA
U can Try posting in HI forum and the ppl will help you build a itinerary .... not sure travel agents. Didnt use any for ages.

Old 01-30-2015, 01:51 AM

702 posts, read 1,235,433 times
My family uses Apollo Travel. (713) 490-7888.

Sometimes I use them, sometimes I don't. Depends on if they can get me a better deal or not. If you don't want to do the work, easiest way is to use a travel agency.

Old 01-30-2015, 06:42 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,018,675 times
I've been to all the islands on multiple occasions, so feel free to drop me a line if you want to at least get pointed in the right direction. Also, the HI forums.

Old 01-30-2015, 07:14 AM

488 posts, read 1,382,925 times
We never use a travel agency anymore. We booked our flights direct with the airlines - last time we used United and Hawaiian Airlines. We have been to The Big Island, Oahu, Maui and Kauai so like haudi above feel free to send me a pm with any questions. We stayed in a hotel on Oahu as we wanted to be right on Waikiki Beach but for the other islands we used vrbo.com and booked condos, traveling with a teenager it gives us more privacy and space and doesn't cost any more than a hotel, in fact usually less - just take the usual precautions when booking. Quick overview (from our perspective)

The Big Island - Big (you will want a car) sparse, 2 very distinctive sides West dry East wet - lots to do, only active volcano when we were there
Oahu - Most 'built up' more shopping, restaurants, night life in Waikiki but you can still get away from it all - don't necessarily need a car if you just want to stay in Waikiki
Maui - Great for snorkeling, waterspouts, beautiful, the most 'beachy' island to me
Kauai - Greenest and to me the most beautiful, quiet, small feeling - would definitely recommend a car unless you plan to stay in your resort

Truth be told they are all gorgeous. gohawaii.com has tons of great information. If I was going back tomorrow I would go to Kauai but I am so glad we did The Big Island and Oahu for our first trip.

Old 01-30-2015, 07:32 AM

259 posts, read 350,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by libra1020 View Post

I went through HJ Travels for my Honeymoon to Punta Cana. After talking with the guy he is clearly very knowledgeable about all of the popular island getaways. They were very fast at providing quotes as well.

I'd highly recommend them. You don't have to use any travel agent if they don't give you the best price/service so don't be afraid to contact multiple agencies and compare.

Their number is: 877-457-1268
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston