Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2016, 07:20 PM

1,237 posts, read 2,018,863 times

Advertisements

$34MM is a drop in the bucket for how much Infosys makes with the scam they run. It won't change anything. They screw everyone. Obviously the companies they place their staff with, but they royally screw the employees they place as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2016, 07:21 PM

3,283 posts, read 6,050,580 times
Agreed. Some are smart and those end up getting masters in the US and pursue citizenship pretty quickly. Plenty I wonder the quality of "universities" pumping them out.

There are abuses but someone on here saying I work for X company in a hiring roll and I hire h 1bs because I pay them less know they cannot leAve because I hold their visa and lay off american qualified workers to save money on imported labor (someone was basically saying this). find me the name of the company and ill get the lawyer to sue myself lol. You cant admit to that

Old 01-28-2016, 07:23 AM

1,658 posts, read 1,241,757 times
Actually I work with a lot of H1b people with masters in the U.S. from good universities because my company will hire no less. I still stand by my comments about them being mostly box jockey drones who regurgitate. They are BOOKsmart but it is obvious that many of them figured out how to cheat their way through school.

Regarding pay I don't know if they get less but there are risks to the employer when they bring their habits here. Stuff like splitting their skull from slipping off the toilet they were standing on top of, clogging a high rise plumbing with 14 paper towels for each sac they washed at high-sun, setting their food on fire with a microwave they can't operate (the same guys running pressure calcs on refinery piping) forcing an evacuation and a visit from HFD, making uppity women uncomfortable with their uhh... "world views", and the list of things I've seen goes on and on. Of course someone without a clue is going to tell me I'm ignorant. Just watch...

Old 01-28-2016, 10:50 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,919,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detachable arm View Post
Actually I work with a lot of H1b people with masters in the U.S. from good universities because my company will hire no less. I still stand by my comments about them being mostly box jockey drones who regurgitate. They are BOOKsmart but it is obvious that many of them figured out how to cheat their way through school.

Regarding pay I don't know if they get less but there are risks to the employer when they bring their habits here. Stuff like splitting their skull from slipping off the toilet they were standing on top of, clogging a high rise plumbing with 14 paper towels for each sac they washed at high-sun, setting their food on fire with a microwave they can't operate (the same guys running pressure calcs on refinery piping) forcing an evacuation and a visit from HFD, making uppity women uncomfortable with their uhh... "world views", and the list of things I've seen goes on and on. Of course someone without a clue is going to tell me I'm ignorant. Just watch...

I won't. I agree with the first paragraph. Can't say I've witnessed the same in the second, but enough similarities to believe you.

Old 01-28-2016, 12:24 PM

58 posts, read 66,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
I won't. I agree with the first paragraph. Can't say I've witnessed the same in the second, but enough similarities to believe you.
Doesn't really matter whether you agree or not. The number of people who are on H1B are increasing every year. Currently close to 1 million people are working on H1B visa in USA. Government always tries to increase number which ultimately lead to loss of jobs for Americans. Latest example is Disney in California.

Disney sued for replacing American workers with foreigners - Jan. 25, 2016

Disney sued for replacing American workers with foreigners

Old 01-28-2016, 06:03 PM

10 posts, read 17,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guesthouston View Post
Doesn't really matter whether you agree or not. The number of people who are on H1B are increasing every year. Currently close to 1 million people are working on H1B visa in USA. Government always tries to increase number which ultimately lead to loss of jobs for Americans. Latest example is Disney in California.

Disney sued for replacing American workers with foreigners - Jan. 25, 2016

Disney sued for replacing American workers with foreigners
Petrobras cutting management positions in "non operational areas" by 30% according to fuelfix. Is it a necessary move to cut management positions?

Old 01-28-2016, 06:58 PM

2 posts, read 3,000 times
Get a life guys!

Old 01-29-2016, 12:10 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,034,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Failed Engineer View Post
$34MM is a drop in the bucket for how much Infosys makes with the scam they run. It won't change anything. They screw everyone. Obviously the companies they place their staff with, but they royally screw the employees they place as well.
Their founder speaks as if his company is the only ethical company in the world..

But if you screw keep screwing your customers and employees, you cannot remain in business for 35 years and have 8bn in revenue and have 100,000 people..

Abuse exists mainly from the Telugu-Americans (where Nadella comes from) who are very daring in committing fraud..

Old 01-29-2016, 12:25 PM

58 posts, read 66,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
Their founder speaks as if his company is the only ethical company in the world..

But if you screw keep screwing your customers and employees, you cannot remain in business for 35 years and have 8bn in revenue and have 100,000 people..

Abuse exists mainly from the Telugu-Americans (where Nadella comes from) who are very daring in committing fraud..
Telugu-Americans? Never heard this word before..

Old 01-29-2016, 01:17 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,820,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guesthouston View Post
Telugu-Americans? Never heard this word before..
It's an ethnic group within India.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston