Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 09:07 AM

311 posts, read 450,852 times

Advertisements

I do agree that Willowbrook has gotten a bit older and less nice recently. It is also getting insanely crowded too, although traffic on 1960 around there has never been good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2015, 09:22 AM

154 posts, read 179,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnh View Post
This too is a ridiculous statement. I've probably run to Willowbrook for one thing or another more in the past few months than in all our previous years, and every time I've marveled at some of the comments I've read here. It's a perfectly normal clientele.

(Unless middle-aged women like myself are scary.)
The demographics are wayyy different than say, First Colony, or Galleria. Willowbrook is hardly "normal clientele".

Old 02-13-2015, 09:23 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,020,413 times
Do you have some substantive evidence to make this claim? Or are you purely going based on what you perceive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlbraves49 View Post
The demographics are wayyy different than say, First Colony, or Galleria. Willowbrook is hardly "normal clientele".

Old 02-13-2015, 12:57 PM

2,188 posts, read 3,217,718 times
it has all demographics.......it attracts a large group of people as its the last traditional mall out that way

Old 02-13-2015, 01:07 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I don't feel safe driving on 1960 in front of Willowbrook mall (insane traffic)
Yes. It's ridiculous!

Old 02-13-2015, 01:08 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,984,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haudi View Post
Do you have some substantive evidence to make this claim? Or are you purely going based on what you perceive.
Localplanner, who seems to be quite knowledgeable and i believe in that line of business mention the demographics have changed significantly the past 10 years.

He mention for one reason or another, the white customer have stop shopping there even though the radius still have a significant white population.

I use to live in that part of town and it has definitely changed. Anything south of 1960 and east of veterans memorial is mostly minority and white folks are moving further up to louetta. The white people I know drive to Woodlands to shop instead.

You can also see the school changing with their demographics.

Old 02-13-2015, 02:06 PM

18,132 posts, read 25,286,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth_Avenger View Post
Again I ask, any common denominators?
Same as any other robbery = guns

Old 02-13-2015, 03:10 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,991,361 times
Quote:
The mall itself might be nice, but the "clientele"... not so much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnh View Post
This too is a ridiculous statement. I've probably run to Willowbrook for one thing or another more in the past few months than in all our previous years, and every time I've marveled at some of the comments I've read here. It's a perfectly normal clientele.

(Unless middle-aged women like myself are scary.)
Quote:
People are normal clientele. So non-white people aren't "normal"

What ex-racist Houston CD'er are you? You're new yet jumping right into a baiting thread started by a known Willowbrook/1960 is overrun because there are no white people baiter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Yes. It's ridiculous!
Beyond ridiculous. It's hellish from 249 until Cutten. Right when you past Cutten it starts moving along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipuck View Post
Localplanner, who seems to be quite knowledgeable and i believe in that line of business mention the demographics have changed significantly the past 10 years.

He mention for one reason or another, the white customer have stop shopping there even though the radius still have a significant white population.

I use to live in that part of town and it has definitely changed. Anything south of 1960 and east of veterans memorial is mostly minority and white folks are moving further up to louetta. The white people I know drive to Woodlands to shop instead.

You can also see the school changing with their demographics.
ipuck your colors are showing...the racist ones. We all know this by now but just pointing it out.

There's white people there right now. I just came back. Picked up my Fossil watch, got some Cajun Grill for lunch and rolled out. White,black, Hispanic, Asian, Middle Eastern, it was a giant melting pot and we're all still alive, well and safe.

Old 02-13-2015, 03:25 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,984,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
People are normal clientele. So non-white people aren't "normal"

What ex-racist Houston CD'er are you? You're new yet jumping right into a baiting thread started by a known Willowbrook/1960 is overrun because there are no white people baiter.

Beyond ridiculous. It's hellish from 249 until Cutten. Right when you past Cutten it starts moving along.

ipuck your colors are showing...the racist ones. We all know this by now but just pointing it out.

There's white people there right now. I just came back. Picked up my Fossil watch, got some Cajun Grill for lunch and rolled out. White,black, Hispanic, Asian, Middle Eastern, it was a giant melting pot and we're all still alive, well and safe.
Hey let's call a spade a spade. It is a non-disputable fact minorities caused a lot more crimes. So when minorities move into the neighborhood, they bring crimes along with it.

I am not a media outlet and don't need to dance around it.

But go ahead and bring out the race card again. A black man will never do anything bad right so I am just racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston