Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 11:04 AM

2,047 posts, read 2,983,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeBangerzz View Post
i was just wondering if things of that nature would be more expensive in Houston than in New York City, because i heard that if you lets say have a carton of juice in New York it will be mostly be around $1.50-2.00 while in texas it will be $6.50-8.00, and that clothes are extremely expensive there, than up in New York which i'm kinda hesitant about because clothes in New York are very expensive as well.
Yeah it is definitely more here.

I went to the local Foot Locker here and they were charging $199 for Air Jordan???? I seen those in Canal street for $30 max.

Hot Dog and a drink cost like $10 bucks here at some new york want to be joint call James Coney Island. What a ripoff. The local street vendors is always 2 bucks and they always put in extra radish.

Also, my friend's cousin's brother's ex-wife is from the Bronx also and she told us the same thing about the high cost here.

It is definitely true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2015, 11:21 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,909,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipuck View Post
Yeah it is definitely more here.

I went to the local Foot Locker here and they were charging $199 for Air Jordan???? I seen those in Canal street for $30 max.

Hot Dog and a drink cost like $10 bucks here at some new york want to be joint call James Coney Island. What a ripoff. The local street vendors is always 2 bucks and they always put in extra radish.

Also, my friend's cousin's brother's ex-wife is from the Bronx also and she told us the same thing about the high cost here.

It is definitely true.
Don't be silly. NYC is much more expensive than Houston. I suppose it depends on where you shop though.

Old 03-21-2015, 02:33 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,388,075 times
It depends where you shop. I can go to whole foods and spend 120$ and only get a few meals. I can also shop at my small neighborhood HEB and spend less for a whole weeks worth of groceries.

I can shop at Harwin, Marshall's, Ross, TJ Maxx, sale racks at dept. stores and spend very little on a wardrobe. I can also go to the galleria and spend tons of dough.

I can eat at expensive and fancy places, or go to mom and pop places in Alief, Gulfton, etc... And spend very little money. The pho and pupusa places off Hillcroft are CHEAP.
I can get a roasted quarter of a chicken, three sides, and a drink for 7$ at Dodo's or other chicken place.

I know many teachers who make it here on one salary and support their families. I don't think you can do that in New York City.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston