Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2007, 11:03 AM

7 posts, read 34,310 times

Advertisements

Ok, we are leaning towards Kingwood and now would like to know the best subdivision to move into.
Requirements:
house range of $200k-$300k
recreational park
playground
area pool
and basically convenient to the kingwood amenities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2007, 12:21 PM

832 posts, read 3,852,793 times
Look at

Bear Branch
GreenTree
Sany Forks
Fosters Mill
River Chase

Old 06-18-2007, 12:48 PM

I meant Sandy Forks

Old 06-18-2007, 12:53 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,401,094 times
Isn't Sandy Forks a street? I think you may mean Sand Creek.

Old 06-18-2007, 01:45 PM

Right. I REALLY meant Sand Creek. (Sandy Forks is ithe Bear Branch entrance off of West Lake Houston

Old 06-18-2007, 07:55 PM

7 posts, read 43,414 times
Depends on how old a house you want. In the Livable Forest, the houses were built in the late 70s, but, they are in a very mature forest. You don't get that in a lot of the newer neighborhoods. A lot of the lots are 1/4 acre vs 1/6th acre for newer houses.
If I didn't live in the Kingwood area. I'd move out of Houston becaseu a lot of it is like LA...freeways, strip centers, and lots of concrete.
Kingwood has great schools--best in the area, and is really a community.

You can get new houses. Lots of building going on in teh few remaining niches left.
The older houses in Bear Branch, etc. are really 400000-500000 houses in California or the East Coast. They sell for 160000-200000.

A lot of the new neighborhoods are coming online at 250K -900K. So while there are still really good deals if you are selling property on the Left or Right Coast, you can pay cash for a new house in and around Kingwood for 160k and up, or a used one, and pocket the rest. Unfortunately, we can't move to one of those coasts and be in the same boat.
Take Care, Houston guy

Old 06-19-2007, 07:40 AM

Age of Homes

Bear Branch up to 1980
GreenTree 1980's
Sany Forks 1980's
Fosters Mill 1980'a
River Chase 1990's

Old 09-05-2016, 12:45 PM

1 posts, read 3,748 times
I just moved to kingwood (April 11, 2016) so this is from the perspective of a new resident. First I will say this Kingwood is a double edge sword. Since I have moved here I have noticed that the people in you neighborhood are really friendly the people on my street always wave when I drive by and are more then willing to come out and say hi. I have even had a few of them ask me if I need to borrow a tool or pice of equipment when I was doing yard work. All that may seem like a bit much if you are not use to it but I have found that they are not intrusive at all. Like I said if I am working on something it seems like people are always willing to help but when I am outside with family and friends I never notice anyone else and no one comes by or invites themselves over which can be a problem when you are just catching up with family. But here have yet to see anything like that it is almost like the people on my street just have more common sense curtsy then I have come across in the past.
Just so you know where I draw my opinions from and how I think I feel it is important to tell you I have always lived on a right outside a military base. My dad was in the navy and I Joined the Army and just retired about 3 years ago. I think that Kingwood is the closest I will ever come to living in a place were I trust my neighbors as much as I did while I was in the Army. So for me I am extremely comfortable in this area and I feel my family is safe here. Oh and a quick side note when it comes to doing yard work I was surprised anyone had equipment because on Tuesday just about every yard has some company cutting their grass. I could probably count on one hand the number of people who now their own grass on my street so good or bad that is the way it is around here.
Now for the bad the Taxes are insanely high and homeowners insurence here is very high as well I can not tell you how many people were stunned by the amount of money homeowners in kingwood have to pay. Keep this in mind when purchasing your home. If you live in humble or Conroe you could buy a more expensive home and pay less because the hole owners insurence and tax rate on your home would drop significantly. Now I think this is good and bad one I think it helps to keep people who are not willing to pay these fees out and that probably has a lot to do with why the schools are so good here. I came from a small town Il and the school system their was a nightmare. Well got to good good luck oh and I live in Greentree and I love it. Home built 1992
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: