Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 07:44 AM

1,666 posts, read 1,017,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1988 View Post
When the neighborhood goes down hill we will move.

It means not speaking to them, not allowing them in my home or on my property, and keeping their kids away from mine.

Also Friendswood on the Galveston side is definitely a consideration.
Whoa. I'm a bit taken a back by your first sentence here. I had been under the impression that you wanted to live in a place that had a Caucasian-conservative culture to it. With that first sentence however.... That's very bigoted and full of hate.

Old 04-11-2015, 07:47 AM

130 posts, read 163,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
Whoa. I'm a bit taken a back by your first sentence here. I had been under the impression that you wanted to live in a place that had a Caucasian-conservative culture to it. With that first sentence however.... That's very bigoted and full of hate.
Huh how?

Old 04-11-2015, 07:47 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,747,031 times
Wow Mark, you are quite the racist but at least you own it. I don't have problems with racist as long as they admit they are racist and I think you would.

Old 04-11-2015, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
Wow Mark, you are quite the racist but at least you own it. I don't have problems with racist as long as they admit they are racist and I think you would.
I don't know how to respond to that.

Well, thanks for your help guys and gals!

Old 04-11-2015, 07:53 AM

18,132 posts, read 25,286,567 times
Quote:
It means not speaking to them, not allowing them in my home or on my property, and keeping their kids away from mine.
This is why a lot of people have issues with post about looking for a "white area"
A lot of times is not that people are looking for a white area, what they are looking for is an area far away from X, Y, Z groups of people that they don't like.

Back to the topic,
I feel bad for you because you are gonna hate Houston. Here's just a few facts about Houston:

A Profile of Immigrants in Houston, the Nation's Most Diverse Metropolitan Area | migrationpolicy.org
Its immigrant population ranked fifth largest among U.S. metropolitan areas and third in the numbers of Mexican, Vietnamese, and Honduran immigrants.

Immigrants reshape Houston, America’s most diverse metropolis | Al Jazeera America
The city has the highest concentration of refugees in the country, thanks to its strong network of placement agencies, job opportunities and reasonable cost of living. Since the late 1970s, the city has welcomed 70,000 refugees: Bosnians and Cambodians fleeing genocide, the Lost Boys of Sudan and Vietnamese, Iraqis and Afghans escaping destructive U.S. interventions in their homelands.

Old 04-11-2015, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
This is why a lot of people have issues with post about looking for a "white area"
A lot of times is not that people are looking for a white area, what they are looking for is an area far away from X, Y, Z groups of people that they don't like.

Back to the topic,
I feel bad for you because you are gonna hate Houston. Here's just a few facts about Houston:

A Profile of Immigrants in Houston, the Nation's Most Diverse Metropolitan Area | migrationpolicy.org
Its immigrant population ranked fifth largest among U.S. metropolitan areas and third in the numbers of Mexican, Vietnamese, and Honduran immigrants.

Immigrants reshape Houston, America’s most diverse metropolis | Al Jazeera America
The city has the highest concentration of refugees in the country, thanks to its strong network of placement agencies, job opportunities and reasonable cost of living. Since the late 1970s, the city has welcomed 70,000 refugees: Bosnians and Cambodians fleeing genocide, the Lost Boys of Sudan and Vietnamese, Iraqis and Afghans escaping destructive U.S. interventions in their homelands.
Inconsequential. I don't care what happens in other areas, all I care about is my block and my school district.

Old 04-11-2015, 08:04 AM

8,895 posts, read 19,999,878 times
Quote:
When the neighborhood goes down hill we will move.

Also Friendswood on the Galveston side is definitely a consideration.
Well that made it more clear -- I wouldn't think that would be a churchy type neighborhood you are looking for then then. That sort of flies against what most good churches believe and work toward. Perhaps finding a really large piece of property in those named areas that appealed to you the most and building your own place might work well. That sort of dislike of other cultures is extreme at best. This makes you and your kids the sort of person others seek to not socialize with. Could make school a bit rough on your kids if they show that behavior. You might want to seek a city less diverse than houston where there are more like minded families. Would just make life easier and those cities are out there - but houston isn't one of them and grows farther from that with every passing week. Even friendswood has changing demographics. People don't live there to escape other cultures but mostly for the schools and family environment but there are other cultures there.

This post hit so many pivotal areas on the hate scale that I am thinking it may be a troll post trying to bate others into commenting on a non existing topic.

Last edited by texas7; 04-11-2015 at 08:16 AM..

Old 04-11-2015, 08:14 AM

18,132 posts, read 25,286,567 times
Quote:
Inconsequential. I don't care what happens in other areas, all I care about is my block and my school district.
I would think at some point you are gonna have to leave your white bunker and go shopping for groceries.

Old 04-11-2015, 08:24 AM

Trust me, I don't want to move to Houston as I have reiterated.

It's my job, nothing else.

/thread

Old 04-11-2015, 08:26 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times
Quote:
My point was more people I do want to be around...Americans. I guess I'm a culturalist...or even a racist, however that's not really the point of the thread. I wasn't looking for a lecture or some kind of "progressive social commentary" if you couldn't help then why answer?

Frankly it's more the people I want my son to associate with, and it's not an illegal immigrant from Chiapas or a Hindu H1B worker.
Being opposed to and offended by racism is not a progressive disorder. In fact, most progressives are racists, just not the kind that you prefer. In any case, we are all immigrants in this country, including "native" Americans, who purportedly migrated here from Asia through Alaska.

I am a conservative and I find racism of any kind to be offensive, and that certainly includes the pervasive "politically correct" forms of racism that are protected and actively encouraged by the left and the Democratic party. If you think your preferred brand of racism is somehow more honorable or better than theirs, you are desperately mistaken and deeply self-deceived.

There is nothing wrong with valuing security for your family, good schools for your children, churches that cater to your religious beliefs and other cultural perspectives, and a community that communicates in a language that you and those close to you can communicate in easily and conduct your affairs in. That being said, belittling people based on their ethnicity and regarding them as automatically repulsive or inferior, is itself a repulsive attitude.

I would encourage you (and all the other racists who are reading this, regardless of your political leanings) to rethink your attitudes towards this subject. It is time that we all put this crap aside and let this go. We as a nation are a melting pot. All of the different ingredients flavor the broth, for the better and also for the worse. It is who we are and it is who we have always been. If anyone does not like that, you are in the wrong country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston