Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 09:55 AM

200 posts, read 897,991 times

Advertisements

We are looking at Texas for relocating out of high cost CA. We are in San Antonio and going on to Austin then Houston.

We want a beautiful home, a swimming pool, large lot and under 260,000. We were both laid off and must find employment in whichever area we select. But we are community and city searching for the next couple of weeks.
used to live in Kingwood over 25 years ago and loved the lakes bike baths wonderful trees.

A couple of questions:

Which city is best or would you choose after living in Houston?

What areas in Houston have the same lakes and ammenities of Kingwood.

Need fast answer because we are heading that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2008, 10:51 AM

15,218 posts, read 30,445,778 times
Quote:
Which city is best or would you choose after living in Houston?
I really don't understand what this is supposed to mean.

Quote:
What areas in Houston have the same lakes and ammenities of Kingwood.
I don't know, I guess Clear Lake is "in Houston"

Quote:
We are in San Antonio and going on to Austin then Houston.
Need fast answer because we are heading that way.
Slow your roll. It sounds like you are just bouncing from one city to the next, and then you're asking about cities to live in "after living in Houston." Are you bringing a carnival with you?

Save your $260,000 and buy an RV, then go wherever you want.

Old 01-16-2008, 11:14 AM

200 posts, read 897,991 times
Default Clarification

I am not bouncing around. We are reviewing areas in Texas we might want to live. I have reviewed San Antonio and do not like the city. I will explore Austin and surrounding areas and then we are planning on visiting Houston to look over that area.

I am not an RV person.

My question to clarify since you may have misunderstood is.

If a person could have a choice of 3 cities in Texas to live in what would be the advantage of living in Houston vs those cities.

So if you could live in any of the 3 cities which would you choose and why?

I am just inquiring if there is any neighborhoods similiar to Kingwood that are newer in the Houston area for the other part of my question.

Old 01-16-2008, 12:33 PM

15,218 posts, read 30,445,778 times
Well, you haven't said much about what you like, other than apparently you like to be on or near a lake. There's Kingwood, there's Lake Conroe....well, there really aren't a whole lot of different areas like that around here. Austin has Lake Travis nearby.

You don't like SA, but I would probably choose that over Austin for traffic reasons alone. You can take off right now and get to Austin before quitting time traffic sets in

Old 01-16-2008, 12:41 PM

1,334 posts, read 6,428,287 times
Austin is nice as is Northwest San Antonio. Both hilly and picturesque.

Old 01-16-2008, 12:49 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,409,216 times
Houston's economy is still going strong. Housing is still strong in central Houston, flat in the burbs. I don't know how its going in SA or Austin.

I can't stand San Antonio and the cedar in Austin kills my allergies.

Old 01-16-2008, 01:06 PM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,647,407 times
Is there some reason you can't move back to Kingwood since you loved it so much?

Old 01-16-2008, 02:24 PM

564 posts, read 2,040,055 times
Yeah, I'm a bit confused about some of the comments/questions by the original poster.

Did you come across pictures/information regarding Kingwood and decided that you like that particular area? If so, there are some similar areas such as The Woodlands and Lake Conroe. If you like waterfront living, in general, then there's also of course the communities in SE Houston and the surrounding suburbs.

And I'd agree that a few more specifics about your likes and dislikes would help. What exactly didn't you like about San Antonio?

Old 01-16-2008, 02:44 PM

151 posts, read 639,614 times
Hilarious - I am laughing out loud over here.

Okay, back to regular programming because I am interested in this thread - I have a family member who is considering a move to SA. She also wants to know what the difference is between Houston, Austin and SA.

**Still chuckling**

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Slow your roll. It sounds like you are just bouncing from one city to the next, and then you're asking about cities to live in "after living in Houston." Are you bringing a carnival with you?

Save your $260,000 and buy an RV, then go wherever you want.

Old 01-16-2008, 03:40 PM

657 posts, read 2,537,789 times
I'd have no problem living in Houston or Austin. In your price range I'd probably look around Round Rock or Oak Hill in Austin and Katy or Cy-Fair in Houston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston