Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 08:48 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,699,818 times

Advertisements

If you have Kids I would recommend Eagle Springs hands down. If it's about the commute I'd go with Fall Creek.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2015, 09:23 PM

672 posts, read 838,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhafer View Post
This area, while growing and getting more people, still has some of the best commute times.
This was one of the reasons we wanted to go North to New Caney. In the last 2+ years that we've lived here, this area has become heavily congested. It often takes about 20-25 minutes to drive the 7 miles from the Eastex Park and Ride to our house just off of Atascocita Road. It takes me less than 20 minutes to go from the Park and Ride to Roman Forest Blvd where Tavola is and it's double the distance. We looked at all the communities in the area and ultimately decided on Tavola. I'm sure that the traffic up there will suck too in a few years as that area begins to develop LOL. The Groves is beautiful and I'm sure that it will sell like hotcakes....especially as Generation Park begins to grow.

Old 04-19-2015, 10:13 AM

188 posts, read 374,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayou_boy View Post
I have family that live in the area.

Walden on Lake Houston is on West Lake Houston Parkway, which is a rapidly developing. I think the area is going to increase in value with all of the nice homes they are building. Walden is an older neighborhood, but I love it. The homes are all different and not cookie cutter. It has lots of trees and was originally designed to be an all custom home community. Walden IMO is not very kid friendly, and is more of an adult/quiet community. Their are no sidewalks, one playground and no recreation center really.

Summerwood is great, the homes are nice and their are lots of family's that live there. Eagle Springs and Summerwood have the same developer. I find Eagle Springs to be a very family oriented community, and it's very beautiful with lots of trees and pocket parks/playgrounds. They also have lots of family activities. Eagle Springs is on Will Clayton though, and I prefer West Lake Houston personally.

I've also heard Lakeshore is very family friendly and has lots of activities going on. I'm not too familiar with the other neighborhoods along West Lake Houston Parkway (Water's Edge, Bridges of West Lake Houston, The Groves, Lake Houston Pines, Still Water on Lake Houston) but I believe they are also incorporating family friendly areas/activities into their development plans as they proceed.

The commute without traffic is about 40m from Walden to the Medical Center. I reference Walden because it's the furthest neighborhood along W. Lake Houston before getting to 1960. If you live closer (such as in Summerwood) it will be about 30m. As the other neighborhoods develop along W. Lake Houston Parkway, I anticipate the traffic becoming dreadful.

With your budget you can definitely find a nice home in the area, though the prices seem to be increasing.
I live in Atascocita (still renting and I just wanted to say that I couldn't have said it better myself.

Old 04-20-2015, 12:12 AM

153 posts, read 323,931 times
Lakeshore is also another nice area. My brother and his wife are staying there. They have one child. All of the areas along that west lake houston is nice. I grew up around there (north belt area). It had nothing but farms and cows then lol. I think there is another new neighborhood around there. Summerwood is also nice. I really like the two mini man made lakes there. Eagle springs is nice as well.

Old 04-20-2015, 12:16 PM

71 posts, read 100,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cammyspot View Post
I live in Atascocita (still renting and I just wanted to say that I couldn't have said it better myself.
Thanks.

Atascocita is nice, it seems as if developers are just now recognizing the potential of the area. The neighborhoods they're building are some of the nicest I've seen in Houston.

Old 04-20-2015, 10:02 PM

7 posts, read 18,314 times
Arent any of you bothered by the almost constant noise from the aircraft landing on IAH?

I was in the Atascocita area this past weekend looking at some houses and, while the area is geographically nice, I couldn't help but to be constantly reminded of the presence of planes landing every 1 or 2 minutes...

One can hear the noise even from inside the houses....

Doesn't noise bother any of you guys in Atascocita...?

Old 04-20-2015, 11:28 PM

188 posts, read 374,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eidi View Post
Arent any of you bothered by the almost constant noise from the aircraft landing on IAH?

I was in the Atascocita area this past weekend looking at some houses and, while the area is geographically nice, I couldn't help but to be constantly reminded of the presence of planes landing every 1 or 2 minutes...

Not at all..I am all the way up 1960 near Huffman and although you see the planes, they are not that close to where I would be bothered by them.

Old 04-21-2015, 01:24 PM

403 posts, read 676,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eidi View Post

I live in the Kings River area, and it's hardly discernible outside. Inside is never an issue.

Old 04-21-2015, 01:51 PM

2,480 posts, read 7,095,979 times
I live right under the flight path in Eagle Springs. The only time you would ever hear plane noise inside a house is if every single noise making thing is turned off, and there are no other noises at all, and even then you would have to probably listen for it. Outside you can hear them of course, but you get used to it.

Old 07-15-2015, 08:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,395 times
If schools are a consideration, be very careful to check out the middle & highschool ratings in the area. Fall Creek & Summerwood have had a spike in crime since we moved here a few years ago. We would not send our kids to the schools around there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston