Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2015, 10:22 PM

87 posts, read 148,941 times

Advertisements

Hello all! My partner and I are planning to purchase our first home at Fieldstone in Richmond. Currently, I am a member of an affirming congregation near Cypress, but they are moving farther away. My mom goes with me, and we drive from inside the loop out to Barker-Cypress/290 area. Since my partner and I are moving to the burbs (with Richmond being the most convenient for both of us), I am looking for any gay friendly or gay affirming Christian churches in the area. I am Lutheran and my partner grew up Episcopalian, but isn't practicing. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2015, 10:28 PM

967 posts, read 2,609,287 times
Visit Living Word Lutheran Church. It's in Cinco Ranch, but would still be pretty convenient, especially on a Sunday.

Living Word Lutheran Church | The Perfect Church for Imperfect People

Old 04-18-2015, 10:30 PM

967 posts, read 2,609,287 times
Sorry... This is the blurb in the website I meant to paste. It went to the main page, which is good too!

WHAT WE BELIEVE
Living Word is a multi-national, multi-generational energetic and grace-filled community, dedicated to proclaiming the unconditional love of God for all people. We welcome people of all faiths and denominations, and those of no faith.

We believe that the message of Christ offers unconditional love and acceptance of all people regardless of race, creed, sex, or social status. It is the message of Christ that empowers us to look beyond ourselves, living out our faith in dynamic new ways.

Our faith finds expression and devotion to God, through our service to the world and to one another. We believe in feeding the hungry, sheltering the homeless, clothing the naked, speaking out for justice and standing up for equality. We believe that we are blessed to be a blessing with our time, talent and treasure.

Old 04-19-2015, 05:49 PM

15 posts, read 22,557 times
Have you considered attending a Unitarian Universalist congregation? It'll be a 45 min. or so, but Emerson has a very welcoming congregation. They even have a committee working on a float for the Gay Pride Parade.

Emerson Unitarian Universalist Church - Home Page

Old 04-20-2015, 04:27 PM

87 posts, read 148,941 times
Thanks for the suggestions! I think we will try Living Word Lutheran. I appreciate the UU suggestion, but am hoping to stay closer to home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: