Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 04:36 PM

5,998 posts, read 3,741,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
Whataburger beats Carls Jr. too. Though I wish we had Green Burrito and Del Taco.
I read somewhere they are going to start putting Carl's Jr. in Houston. Those ARE good burgers and they beat Burger King for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 06:01 PM

87 posts, read 167,691 times
I haven't read all the replies but I'll just say "Welcome!" Texas rocks and I'm sure once you've been here a while you'll understand why!

Old 03-06-2009, 12:24 PM

1,305 posts, read 3,493,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
I read somewhere they are going to start putting Carl's Jr. in Houston. Those ARE good burgers and they beat Burger King for sure.
For the bottom of the barrell, Krystal (the Whitecastle of the South) has started to move into town.

If you haven't noticed in these forums, we native Houstonians like that our city is big, but feel slighted when people from other cities (ahem... Dallas) denigrate us because our metroplex isn't in the top five. They tell us we can't be too important nor relevant because we aren't as large as them. So, we're looking to grow. And, until we start manufacturing babies on assembly lines, we want people to move here.

As long as they don't bring down the neighborhood (Ya hear me, Krystal?).

Old 03-06-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTheKid View Post
For the bottom of the barrell, Krystal (the Whitecastle of the South) has started to move into town.

If you haven't noticed in these forums, we native Houstonians like that our city is big, but feel slighted when people from other cities (ahem... Dallas) denigrate us because our metroplex isn't in the top five. They tell us we can't be too important nor relevant because we aren't as large as them. So, we're looking to grow. And, until we start manufacturing babies on assembly lines, we want people to move here.

As long as they don't bring down the neighborhood (Ya hear me, Krystal?).

Dallas only beats us in the metroplex catagory because of Fort Worth being so near. Isn't San Antonio bigger than Dallas proper now?

Old 03-06-2009, 04:54 PM

For the record I have no problem at all with Californians moving here. In fact, my girlfriend just moved here from L. A. about a year ago.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:25 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,838,718 times
As an ex-Californian, I usually like Californians, unless they are the type of Californians who complain all the time that Texas is not like California!

Old 03-06-2009, 08:29 PM

5 posts, read 12,724 times
well i think the rest of the U.S is luckey to have a state as awesome as texas
LOL

Old 03-07-2009, 06:40 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,459,818 times
We accepted a transfer here from Ca. about 5 years ago. We were accepted with open arms and have met some of the nicest people in the world. People who will be life long friends, no matter where we move.

Old 04-10-2010, 11:09 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,473,506 times
For some reason this thread reminds me of that old Will Rogers quote, "When the Okies left Oklahoma and moved to California, they raised the average intelligence level in both states."

Old 04-10-2010, 11:30 AM

5,429 posts, read 14,856,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTheKid View Post
If you haven't noticed in these forums, we native Houstonians like that our city is big, but feel slighted when people from other cities (ahem... Dallas) denigrate us because our metroplex isn't in the top five.
I don't know if it's all about size, because I hear Texans in other cities (especially Austin, where I used to live) speak badly of Houston a lot. But, usually the reasoning is not very compelling (i.e. Houston's "too hot" as if the rest of Texas isn't, or the freeways are ugly.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
As an ex-Californian, I usually like Californians, unless they are the type of Californians who complain all the time that Texas is not like California!
I agree! Everyone I've met here who is from CA has been very nice and positive, even refreshing! Seems like on City-Data anyway, many of the ones who come wanting something unrealistic end up in Austin, and then complaining. I haven't run into any like that in the Houston metro... yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston