Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 12:04 PM

95 posts, read 163,117 times

Advertisements

My girlfriend and I are visiting Houston next week, during Memorial Day weekend, can anyone give us some recommendations of either events, areas or landmarks to visit while we are in town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2015, 12:13 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,034,327 times
Check this thread out.

//www.city-data.com/forum/houst...-take-see.html

Old 05-12-2015, 12:14 PM

6,291 posts, read 7,496,381 times
How are you traveling, are you flying in, or driving in ? Are you staying with friends ? What part of town will you be staying. Is it just for the weekend? Are you in on Friday and out on Monday ?

A lot of people n Houston go to Galveston on holiday weekends, but let me tell you it will be crowded..

Old 05-12-2015, 06:06 PM

219 posts, read 299,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
How are you traveling, are you flying in, or driving in ? Are you staying with friends ? What part of town will you be staying. Is it just for the weekend? Are you in on Friday and out on Monday ?

A lot of people n Houston go to Galveston on holiday weekends, but let me tell you it will be crowded..

Galveston is the worst beach I have ever seen in my life. Not sure why anyone would want to go there other than to see Moody Gardens.

Old 05-12-2015, 06:12 PM

6,291 posts, read 7,496,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinar View Post
Galveston is the worst beach I have ever seen in my life. Not sure why anyone would want to go there other than to see Moody Gardens.
Evidently your opinion is not shared by the masses. Galveston had over 6 million visitors last year and on a holiday weekend like Memorial Day you can expect about 500k visitors. The numbers speak for themselves...

Old 05-12-2015, 09:22 PM

3,276 posts, read 7,843,505 times
Quote:
I spent some time in the Florida keys a couple of years ago, and when I came back home I visited Galveston one weekend and had an immediate "eww" reaction. Brown, muddy water and the ghetto feel of Galveston doesn't do much for me.

About the only place in Texas you can visit a halfway decent beach is on South Padre Island.

Old 05-13-2015, 12:54 AM

282 posts, read 350,679 times
Quote:
Evidently your opinion is not shared by the masses. Galveston had over 6 million visitors last year and on a holiday weekend like Memorial Day you can expect about 500k visitors. The numbers speak for themselves...
Because Houstonians are deprived of nice things like nice beaches. People here have no choice but to go to Galveston.
It's still disgusting.

Old 05-13-2015, 01:27 AM

219 posts, read 299,629 times
Quote:

Some Houstonians may not care because they have no choice. But I would never recommend a visitor go there. It's dirty, it stinks, you get tarballs all over your feet that don't come off without washing your feet in gasoline, every inch of the beach is lined with rotting seaweed....

Great seafood and the trout fishing along the Texas City **** is good. Galveston beach itself. Horrible. I'd never recommend a visitor go to the actual beach. I have never seen a worse beach anywhere in the world.

Old 05-13-2015, 02:35 AM

61,680 posts, read 87,077,794 times
Quote:
Looks like you don't travel a lot...

Old 05-13-2015, 02:43 AM

61,680 posts, read 87,077,794 times
What about beaches in The Bolivar Peninsula?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston