Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 10:07 AM

339 posts, read 764,836 times

Advertisements

how do i adjust my fresh air intake or even find out how often it is opening and closing? Is this something i can do or i need to hire someone to do it for me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2015, 10:14 AM

399 posts, read 641,931 times
Who is the AC company your builder uses? Keep in mind that the other company may be trying to sell you $4K worth of stuff you do not need. In my experience all new homes have a Manual J which tells the AC company what size unit is needed for the home. They do not just give a set amount of money and say install whatever fits withing this budget... I think the recommendation to get 2 other experienced AC contractors out to evaluate is a good one.

Old 05-20-2015, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasroots77 View Post
Who is the AC company your builder uses? Keep in mind that the other company may be trying to sell you $4K worth of stuff you do not need. In my experience all new homes have a Manual J which tells the AC company what size unit is needed for the home. They do not just give a set amount of money and say install whatever fits withing this budget... I think the recommendation to get 2 other experienced AC contractors out to evaluate is a good one.
Air Team is the company our builder uses.

Old 05-20-2015, 11:39 AM

1,835 posts, read 3,266,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasroots77 View Post
Most of the BIG builders, your tract home builders, do a manual J for a floor plan....then they never touch it again, and just repeat, repeat, repeat. The problem is that one house may face north, and another West. The load on the western facing house is usually 25-40% higher than the North/South facing house. It all depends on the number of windows, and type of exterior.

I do also agree that the the OP may have an over-sized system. High humidity is the number one symptom of an over-sized system. Do not let someone sell you a dehumidifier as the solution. An air-conditioner is by definition a dehumidifier - yours is just not installed properly.

Old 05-20-2015, 11:41 AM

308 posts, read 499,202 times
If you don't mind me asking...who is your builder?

Old 05-20-2015, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalam321 View Post
If you don't mind me asking...who is your builder?
Village Builders

Old 05-20-2015, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksmu View Post
Most of the BIG builders, your tract home builders, do a manual J for a floor plan....then they never touch it again, and just repeat, repeat, repeat. The problem is that one house may face north, and another West. The load on the western facing house is usually 25-40% higher than the North/South facing house. It all depends on the number of windows, and type of exterior.

I do also agree that the the OP may have an over-sized system. High humidity is the number one symptom of an over-sized system. Do not let someone sell you a dehumidifier as the solution. An air-conditioner is by definition a dehumidifier - yours is just not installed properly.
i'm going to ask our builder for our Manual J heat load calculations and see what he says. From what i've been reading online, they should ideally keep those records.

Old 05-20-2015, 01:06 PM

2,465 posts, read 5,792,835 times
EFF AirTeam. That explains EVERYTHING. It took them 3 years to fix an issue in my house that was due to their poor design and cutting corners. David Weekly dropped the ball saying nothing is wrong with my HVAC and AirTeam was after my money, really. Air Team was saying there is no problem with your HVAC but we will gladly charge you to fix it. How effed up is that?

So here is the route I took, call the AirTeam owner directly Derrel. His # is 281-850-0535. Put him to shame and I guarantee you, he will have it fixed immediately. Also ask for the best tech from AirTeam. Most of them are monkey see monkey do.

I basically told the owner, that I will have 2 professional assessments on the HVAC issue, have one of them fix it and then will take AirTeam to court and guaranteed them I will win and not only ask for the cost of the job but damage as well. That got the owner attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulio82 View Post
Air Team is the company our builder uses.

Old 05-20-2015, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanw View Post
EFF AirTeam. That explains EVERYTHING. It took them 3 years to fix an issue in my house that was due to their poor design and cutting corners. David Weekly dropped the ball saying nothing is wrong with my HVAC and AirTeam was after my money, really. Air Team was saying there is no problem with your HVAC but we will gladly charge you to fix it. How effed up is that?

So here is the route I took, call the AirTeam owner directly Derrel. His # is 281-850-0535. Put him to shame and I guarantee you, he will have it fixed immediately. Also ask for the best tech from AirTeam. Most of them are monkey see monkey do.

I basically told the owner, that I will have 2 professional assessments on the HVAC issue, have one of them fix it and then will take AirTeam to court and guaranteed them I will win and not only ask for the cost of the job but damage as well. That got the owner attention
Wow! thanks a lot for the info. yes, i know just working with them that their techs don't give 2 $h!ts! the first 2 times, their techs came out 2 hours after the window (@ 7 pm) and then were giving me attitude for not being home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston