Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 01:40 PM

97 posts, read 154,616 times

Advertisements

There is new construction in Silverlake. It's minimal. I'd say Silvelake is one of the areas in Pearland especially if schools matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2015, 03:10 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,898,350 times
The area is nice and it is zoned to Pearland ISD schools. I can't speak to experience with Beazer homes though. I think it would be zoned to Challenger Elementary School.

Old 06-17-2015, 05:46 PM

26 posts, read 74,180 times
Yes beazer homes is constructing homes zoned to pearland ISD. Challenger elementary, Rogers middle, berry miller and Glenda Dawson. That is the only reason beazer is an option for me.

Old 06-17-2015, 07:35 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,756,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wintersbone View Post
I wouldn't live in a place zoned for Alvin or Pasadena schools even without kids.
Why?

Old 06-21-2015, 03:25 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,478,115 times
The west side of Pearland is nice. The east side is a little quieter, I guess. There is more retail and easier access to Hwy 288 on the west side. Shadow Creek Ranch is beautiful but move there only if don't mind paying the highest taxes in Pearland...

Old 06-21-2015, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyinhouston View Post
The west side of Pearland is nice. The east side is a little quieter, I guess. There is more retail and easier access to Hwy 288 on the west side. Shadow Creek Ranch is beautiful but move there only if don't mind paying the highest taxes in Pearland...
And if you don't mind being zoned to Alvin ISD or Fort Bend ISD schools.

Old 06-22-2015, 12:10 AM

3,503 posts, read 7,494,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
Why?
Good question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
And if you don't mind being zoned to Alvin ISD or Fort Bend ISD schools.
Well, not everyone can be #2 ranked in the greater Houston area like Pearland, but let's not pretend that Alvin and Ft Bend are akin to chopped liver here with their rankings...as even HISD with its lower half ranking knocks out an occasional high achiever.

Old 06-22-2015, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post
Good question.

Well, not everyone can be #2 ranked in the greater Houston area like Pearland, but let's not pretend that Alvin and Ft Bend are akin to chopped liver here with their rankings...as even HISD with its lower half ranking knocks out an occasional high achiever.
The particular Fort Bend ISD schools that SCR is zoned for are not good as I understand it.

Fort Bend ISD Shadow Creek Ranch zoned to Willowridge - Coastal Prairie and Bay - HAIF - Houston's Leading News Forum

SCR in Fort Bend County is zoned to Willowridge HS, McAuliffe MS, and Blue Ridge ES. All three schools are in Houston.

In 2005 it was announced that FBISD residents could send their kids to Marek ES (on the Brazoria County side in Alvin ISD) until FBISD builds new schools. So far FBISD has not built schools for the FBISD part of SCR

http://www.thefacts....3cbae23a45c958b

Diamond Bay residents want out of Fort Bend ISD | Fort Bend Southwest Star Newspaper

Quote:
Fort Bend ISD purchased a site for an elementary school at FM 2234 and Trinity Bay in Shadow Creek Ranch in 2006, and many young families moved to the Village of Diamond Bay neighborhood of Shadow Creek Ranch with the idea their kids would attend a neighborhood school.

Nine years later, no such school has appeared.

A “future elementary school site” was recently taken down, and Diamond Bay parents have filed a petition requesting that Fort Bend ISD transfer their neighborhood to Alvin ISD.

Old 06-29-2015, 04:01 PM

15 posts, read 20,303 times
I just moved into the new Lakes of Savannah subdivision thats in Alvin ISD (no kids yet) and it falls in the city of Rosharon (doesn't make sense to me but should be Pearland imo). There's an elementary school just a few blocks away thats apparently rated well. Taxes are high here because of the MUD tax but many of the new subdivisions I looked at when looking to buy a new home had the same rates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston