Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2015, 10:43 AM

1 posts, read 658 times

Advertisements

All,

To preface- I have read and searched on this board before posting. Most of the threads I found that are close to what I am asking are very old, thus I feel a more up to date response is needed. Please be gentle.

I am a 30 year old female, moving to Houston to be closer to family post divorce. I work remotely, so proximity to my job is not an issue. I would like to be reasonably close to IAH as I travel frequently, but it is not essential. I want to be close to my family but not too close. Some live in Missouri City, some in Tomball, some in Cypress. I would like a reasonably safe area as I am a single woman living alone with a small dog. I would also like to be close to a fun scene, decent nightlife/ social life. Budget for an apartment is approx 1K a month- but would love to go lower. Would not mind a large studio or loft, but do need space for a small home office and has to be small dog friendly.

I have been looking at the Energy Corridor area, but rents seem a bit high for what I am looking at. Any suggestions?

Any responses are appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2015, 01:13 PM

569 posts, read 1,078,866 times
Check har.com for condos for rent. $1K is actually low for the better parts of Houston these days.

This is a good floor plan (carport) 1 bedroom w study and available per har website:
2001 Bering D4, Houston TX 77057 - HAR.com

The listing below is pending (so it may not be available now), but if you are lucky enough to get a one-bedroom with a 2-car-attached garage (very very rare!) in this neighborhood, don't miss the opportunity. This is a mostly owner-occupied condo complex so units for lease are rare.

http://houstonarea.har.com/1201-bering-15/rent_69144459

I am NOT a realtor just FYI. Good luck!

Old 06-02-2015, 02:21 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTownNearNative View Post
I am NOT a realtor
Do you play one on tv?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston