Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 10:50 AM

16 posts, read 53,725 times

Advertisements

Hi there,

Any input on Richmond Texas?

I was looking to buy a house in Sugar Land in my budget of 400k.

I am being told to look into Richmond as its 5 min drive to Sugar Land and the new houses are affordable.

I am in California right now so not too familiar. Any input on Richmond ? Pros ? Cons?

I have two kids too, middle school and a high schooler.

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2016, 11:33 AM

183 posts, read 380,729 times
Definitely look in Richmond, You will get more for your money as opposed to SL. Check out Aliana, Long Meadow Farms, Grand Mission, Lakemont, Lakes of Bella Terra. Also use Texas Real Estate - 157,756 Homes for Sale and Rent- HAR.com for searching.

Old 05-02-2016, 11:52 AM

2,047 posts, read 2,985,780 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/houst...est-green.html

Most of those would apply here.

Unless you insist on buying a new house, I would rather buy an older house in First Colony area of Sugar Land.

Less tax, better school, better shopping, better food, better location, better scenery, on and on.

Old 05-02-2016, 12:09 PM

177 posts, read 201,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zainuby View Post
I am being told to look into Richmond as its 5 min drive to Sugar Land and the new houses are affordable.
Maybe at 3 in the morning. During rush hour, it's probably another 15-20 minutes or so.

Old 06-26-2016, 10:36 AM

1 posts, read 1,747 times
You will be able to get more for your money in Richmond. I also moved from CA in 08/2015 to Richmond. Both my wife and I work in Sugar Land and the drive is about 15-20 min (about 20 miles) for the both of us. With a budget of 400 I would suggest looking into either Aliana or Harvest Green. Aliana has been around for a while but they are still doing a lot of development. Harvest Green is a new community that just is in the early stages.

Old 06-26-2016, 02:08 PM

137 posts, read 257,248 times
Where will you or your spouse be commuting to for work? I highly recommend Aliana or Harvest Green. The area is still growing so there's still uncertainty of how it will eventually turn out.

HEB (grocery store) is currently being built next to Aliana and in the future Target and Academy Sports will be coming as well.

Across the street, there is a town center coming up. Waterview Town Center | Read King - Commercial Real Estate and Development - Houston, Texas

Old 06-26-2016, 06:08 PM

32 posts, read 30,261 times
There is a prison facility near Aliana and Harvest Green. I remember a time when they were like 15 signs in between Harlem/99 and 90/99 that said, "do not pick up any hitch hikers". We liked the floorplans for J Patrick in Aliana and David Weekly in Harvest Green. However, we didn't like the surrounding area around Aliana and Harvest Green. We have lived in this area for 18 years (New Territory). We just recently decided to purchase a 2nd home/eventual retirement home. We felt like location wise going from New Territory to one of those neighborhoods would be a downgrade since we do most of our shopping in Sugar Land and work in the medical center. We ended up going with Taylor Morrison 80s in Riverstone. I will tell you up front that Riverstone is a little bit pricier. However, Taylor Morrison's section is very wooded. That is something unique you can't get in Aliana or Harvest Green. The surrounding area around Riverstone is great with really good access to 59 and First Colony. Taylor Morrison owns Darling Homes and together they offer everything from patio homes to homes on 80 feet homesites.

Old 06-27-2016, 08:35 AM

1,743 posts, read 3,822,526 times
^^^^You forget to mention that Avalon at Riverstone is much, much higher than Aliana and Harvest Green, not just a "little bit".

Old 06-27-2016, 10:05 AM

385 posts, read 440,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPollito View Post
Maybe at 3 in the morning. During rush hour, it's probably another 15-20 minutes or so.
Only rush hour is bad, but if you pick a community right near 59 - Greatwood, Canyon Gate, Riverpark, New Territory. And those of us who live here know how to take short cuts to get around much of that traffic.

Once they open up the new section of 59 and that new section of Crabb River, South Richmond will be much more easily accessed.

Old 06-27-2016, 12:59 PM

344 posts, read 1,251,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naadarien View Post
Only rush hour is bad, but if you pick a community right near 59 - Greatwood, Canyon Gate, Riverpark, New Territory. And those of us who live here know how to take short cuts to get around much of that traffic.
I would look into the neighborhoods mentioned by this poster. Some good options are available at your price point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston