Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 07:39 AM

836 posts, read 1,118,937 times

Advertisements

I have a UPS package being delivered this week which requires a signature. If I'm not home when they come, where do I go to pick it up? I know they have their main location in Stafford. Is that the only location?

I once had to pick up a package at FedEx. It wasn't very convenient for me as the location was Sam Houston tollroad and 290. Then a few years ago, they opened up a location off the Sam Houston tollroad south of Hwy 59 which is closer to my office.

I am hoping UPS has other locations so I don't have to go to Stafford.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2015, 07:53 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,595,663 times
They should have left a slip and told you which facility it was at.

I believe that if you go to the UPS tracking site, UPS: Tracking Information , it should tell you where it is and it might give you options.

I sent a package to Colorado and had the wrong address. When I flew there, I had to go to a UPS facility to pick it up, and they almost wouldn't give it to me. I ended up getting it, which allowed me to finish my work in time to have a full day at Keystone, but it was touch and go for a brief period.

Old 01-20-2015, 09:31 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,910,074 times
It's a pain, but less than USPS. They will leave a slip telling you where to pick it up.

Old 01-20-2015, 09:34 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,328,014 times
No, this is never happened to me because they usually try to leave it with you three times before they try that nonsense about you having to go pick it up.

And several times there was supposed to be a signature for very expensive items and UPS in particular just left it with random people or on the doorstep.

Old 01-20-2015, 09:42 AM

3,842 posts, read 8,264,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
No, this is never happened to me because they usually try to leave it with you three times before they try that nonsense about you having to go pick it up.

And several times there was supposed to be a signature for very expensive items and UPS in particular just left it with random people or on the doorstep.

This has been my experience. If I order something, I just go in with the mentality that the signature thing no longer exists. They never collect a signature for items I order. They just ring the doorbell, drop it, and run. So I never order anything I would fear losing.

Old 01-20-2015, 11:13 AM

739 posts, read 2,134,946 times
I am so upset with UPS. I ordered a keurig and the delivery required a signature. UPS delivered it to someone's house (not mines) and obtained an illegible signature. I file a complaint and it is still being investigated.

Old 01-20-2015, 11:17 AM

2,047 posts, read 2,982,397 times
I once bought a 5 figure jewelry with signature guarantee and insurance and delivered through UPS.

They threw the box in front of my apartment while i was living in NY and didn't even bother to ring door bell.

Old 01-20-2015, 11:20 AM

93 posts, read 103,116 times
You can call them and have them deliver to a place of your choice. Or sign and leave the slip that they left on your front door - they will drop the package though if it's lost - you should have no recourse

Old 01-20-2015, 11:33 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,595,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipuck View Post
I once bought a 5 figure jewelry with signature guarantee and insurance and delivered through UPS.

They threw the box in front of my apartment while i was living in NY and didn't even bother to ring door bell.
When it's convenient, can you provide me with your address?

Old 01-20-2015, 11:44 AM

10,113 posts, read 19,392,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielWayne View Post
This has been my experience. If I order something, I just go in with the mentality that the signature thing no longer exists. They never collect a signature for items I order. They just ring the doorbell, drop it, and run. So I never order anything I would fear losing.

Yep, but.....if an item is lost or stolen and required a signature they didn't obtain, its on them to replace it. I order a very expensive medicine via mail order. Its Enbrel, and a 3-month supply is worth something like $8000! Its in an unmarked box, so, a thief wouldn't know what he was getting until he realized it was very valuable for me....but nothing for him. Meanwhile, I would either go without my medicine for 3 months or cough up $800! so, that's why I always make sure its signature-required. I usually know the day they will come and wait for them or they leave a signature slip and come back, sometimes the same day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston