Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 04:14 PM

2 posts, read 3,547 times

Advertisements

My husband's job is relocating us to Pearland, TX in September. Unfortunately, we won't be able to visit before the move so I would be so grateful for any information you can share with me about safe/ family friendly places to live. We would love to have a community pool and amenities, all while keeping a budget of $1500/ month. Thank you in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2015, 04:48 PM

2,165 posts, read 3,772,382 times
Plenty of apartments around shadow creek ranch.

Apartments.com

Old 08-27-2015, 05:08 PM

58 posts, read 94,425 times
You can also check at Houston Association of Realtors website for houses for rent too. Sometimes you can get some good deals. There are some really nice apartments around there too as the member above said. I use to work there and know there are some newer apartments that are very nice with lots of amenities.

Last edited by LoraMao; 08-27-2015 at 05:39 PM..

Old 08-27-2015, 07:42 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,909,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL_PWR View Post
Plenty of apartments around shadow creek ranch.

Apartments.com
Shadow Creek Ranch is zoned to Alvin ISD and some Fort Bend ISD schools.

There are apartments in Pearland zoned to Pearland ISD schools as well, but I don't know about price or safety as we have always owned our home. There are also homes for rent - not sure what is available in our subdivision, but we love the subdivision and we have parks and pools. The schools we are zoned to would be Silverlake Elementary, Silvercrest Elementary or Massey Ranch Elementary - all good schools.

How old are the children?

Old 08-27-2015, 07:57 PM

Houses for rent in Pearland

http://www.homes.com/rentals/pearlan...by=price%20asc

Old 08-27-2015, 08:01 PM

2 posts, read 3,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Shadow Creek Ranch is zoned to Alvin ISD and some Fort Bend ISD schools.

There are apartments in Pearland zoned to Pearland ISD schools as well, but I don't know about price or safety as we have always owned our home. There are also homes for rent - not sure what is available in our subdivision, but we love the subdivision and we have parks and pools. The schools we are zoned to would be Silverlake Elementary, Silvercrest Elementary or Massey Ranch Elementary - all good schools.

How old are the children?
Two are elementary school age and one is entering middle school. Thank you so much for the information about Shadow Creek Ranch being zoned for Alvin. I didn't know that!

Old 08-27-2015, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyejac View Post
Two are elementary school age and one is entering middle school. Thank you so much for the information about Shadow Creek Ranch being zoned for Alvin. I didn't know that!
The Alvin ISD schools that Shadow Creek is zoned to are newer and are reasonably good schools. The ones on the other side that are zoned to Fort Bend ISD are not good though.

The problem I see though is how many bedrooms you will need with 3 children.

http://www.apartments.com/pearland-tx/

Old 05-31-2023, 10:56 AM

3 posts, read 1,084 times
Default Relocating to Pearland, TX

Hi,
I'm moving to Texas looking at Pearland in 7/8/23. Need some advice on Pearland

Old 06-01-2023, 11:50 PM

2,188 posts, read 3,217,044 times
Pearland is basically old Pearland to the east of telephone road (35) and new Pearland to the west - 518 is horrible for traffic - where you work may help you determine what area to live in

Old 06-02-2023, 11:32 AM

I live in Pearland on the west side near Cullen. My grandchildren went to Massey Ranch Elementary, then to Sam Jamison Middle School, then to Pearland Jr High West and then to Glenda Dawson.

The schools were certainly adequate though not as good as the schools in Evanston, IL were there dad and mom went.

I dislike the fact that walking places does not happen. In Evanston, we walked everywhere. Here we drive.

There is certainly a lot for kids to do. My dd is a band kid. My ds does some sports. Things will depend on what your kids enjoy and what the neighborhood is like. Both my grandkids could play outside in our neighborhood with other kids who lived nearby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston