Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 08:19 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,915,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamazon View Post
Hello everyone,
Upon researching, Rosenberg seems a bit too blue-collar according to some folks (is this a bad thing?), Richmond forums say the best schools are in the northern area (is it reasonable to get a home for under 175k?), Katy seems really expensive, and Sugar Land, judging from crime activity, seems kind of scary.
Shots fired.

Good luck OP, unless you were trollin for the lulz.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2015, 12:54 PM

15 posts, read 14,330 times
Not sure why you'd think I was trolling...? I'm getting the feel that liberals are very limited in number, I won't be able to hike because it's all flat, and that it'll be hard to get all we're looking for.

I have no problem driving into Houston for the food scene but safety and good schools are a must. I looked into Fort Bend ISD which looked good and the test scores strong in many schools. I also saw a great job prospect in district!

Old 09-18-2015, 02:27 PM

657 posts, read 739,931 times
Why would you think Sugarland has high crime or is scary?

Old 09-18-2015, 02:52 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,523,524 times
Quote:
Katy seems really expensive, and Sugar Land, judging from crime activity, seems kind of scary.
Reverse.
Sugar Land is safe and kind of expensive, and Katy (especially north side) is crime-ridden but cheaper.

I would prefer Spring TX. Good safety rating (maybe even better than Sugar Land) and cheaper than Katy.

Old 09-18-2015, 06:04 PM

I was on a website (trulia) and was checking out homes for sale. It gives you the crimes in the area within a mile. The stuff it stated sounded bad. A 20 year old girl stabbed to death, child sexual abuse, break ins. We don't really hear about those things in our town very often at all!

Old 09-18-2015, 06:15 PM

3,283 posts, read 6,050,580 times
You may not hear it but its definitely there. Especially child abuse

Old 09-18-2015, 06:26 PM

398 posts, read 394,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Town View Post
Reverse.
Sugar Land is safe and kind of expensive, and Katy (especially north side) is crime-ridden but cheaper.

I would prefer Spring TX. Good safety rating (maybe even better than Sugar Land) and cheaper than Katy.
I certainly wouldn't recommend Spring if her husband has to drive to Glen Flora.

To be blunt, a cheap liberal safe small town with good schools and easy access to inner Houston and Glen Flora simply doesn't exist. There are too many contradictory needs in your wish list.

Old 09-18-2015, 08:12 PM

Holy cow! I just saw it would take at least an hour and a half to drive from Glen Flora to Spring. So given the impossibility of finding all we're looking for, I guess northern Richmond or Sugar Land are looking like or safest bets? I personally am more of a moderate myself and have friends of all walks... as long as we don't get ostracised in our community for not being religious or being a mixed racial couple, I'm all good.

Old 09-18-2015, 08:58 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,662,559 times
I am in Sugar Land, and there are so many different kinds of people here (religions, races, ethnic groups) that you would fit in fine. It also isn't scary at all to be honest.

Old 09-19-2015, 06:12 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,516,836 times
Quote:
Holy cow! I just saw it would take at least an hour and a half to drive from Glen Flora to Spring. So given the impossibility of finding all we're looking for, I guess northern Richmond or Sugar Land are looking like or safest bets? I personally am more of a moderate myself and have friends of all walks... as long as we don't get ostracised in our community for not being religious or being a mixed racial couple, I'm all good.
You won't be ostracized by conservatives. It is liberals that expect unwavering compliance or they try to ruin your life. Just because liberals act that way, it does not follow that everyone does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston