Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 08:27 AM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,694,576 times

Advertisements

Yes, most duplexes/triplexes/fourplexes and smaller apartment complexes inside the Loop in the Heights, Montrose, Museum District, West U/Rice Village, etc. areas don't advertise. You either have to drive around the neighborhoods or check with har.com, greatlandlords.com, craigslist.org, backpage.com, or thegreensheet.com.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2008, 08:37 AM

Location: where nothin ever grows. no rain or rivers flow, TX
2,028 posts, read 8,126,714 times
also for some reason we have encountered more trannies here in houston than in NYC. probably they stand out more or locals tend to expose/spread the gossip faster. its cool... until they use the little girls room and the real girls quickly leave the room. I was told some of them have legally changed genders.
another thing that i notice is that divorced men tend to date asian girls, and divorced women smokers date east indians. (you can tell i'm in IT lol) again, these just stand out in my workplace

Old 02-01-2008, 11:04 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,728,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
also for some reason we have encountered more trannies here in houston than in NYC. probably they stand out more or locals tend to expose/spread the gossip faster. its cool... until they use the little girls room and the real girls quickly leave the room. ...

For even more than Houston, go to SF.

Female janitors also go in and out of the public men's restrooms while you're standing there in the middle of doing your business.

Old 02-01-2008, 11:46 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,405,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1967 View Post
I'm single, and in my 30s. I can tell you that its a lot better here than on the west coast. A lot more down to earth good women here in Texas, compared to the west coast. As with anywhere else though, watch for gold diggers!
I'm a Westerner and I could just imagine that dating in "The O.C." would be a superficial drag, though I've lived in L.A. proper (no thanks) and Sacramento. Through my travels or just conferences or training in large Texas cities, I have seen that Texans are pretty direct and sincere, though jerks can be found anywhere. There were a lot of women who were just plain nice and a few that looked a little too artificial (gotta live up to the "Big Hair" reputation). We know, that once over 30, you ought to have the art of sizing people up somewhat mastered and that, if you are a down-to-earth person yourself, you will AVOID the artificial sector.

Old 02-01-2008, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
I've heard it said all too many times it's a lot better here if you're in your 30s or 40s, as opposed to your 20s. It's much like the freshman vs. senior in college phenomenon.
What I want to hear, tstone. Now, back to my thread about mosquitoes and cockroaches. J/K.

Old 02-01-2008, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCNative View Post
I'm confident that I will like the dating scene in Houston better than DC.

My situation in the last 2 years in DC:
- Internship hopping
- part time jobs at $10/hr
- renting apartment with 2 roommates
- living the lifestyle of a mid-20something
- a general feeling of stagnation in my life
- putting up with rude or self-absorbed people

My new situation in Houston would be:
- good job that pays 55K a year
- renting an upscale apartment within the inner loop
- no roommates
- enjoying the refreshing breath of air with down to earth and friendly people
- living the lifestyle of a person in his upper 20s - mid 30s

I'd say that's an improvement there, and I think it'll spill over into dating. Just wanted to see how other Houstonians feel about the scene here.
Sorry, but DC seems kind of annoying to me. Have relatives in Annandale VA (not in politics, but still jerks) and had a friend in Bethesda who talked about the "revolving door" with a change in administration. DC may have all that pomp and circumstance, but it just seems so, well, bureaucratic and inefficient. Bad vibes... though looking for "The Exorcist" house and the steps is about the only thing I found interesting after seeing the standard list of sites (Capitol, Smithsonian, the Mall). You can have it. Head for the Sunbelt. Almost all the people I knew in The ATL that came from the Northeast loved it. Yeah, they complained about there being less culture and some Southern ways, but overall, it was preferable to going back North...in fact, some dug in roots and never went back. From what the changes in your circumstances will be, as described above, it sounds like it will be a good thing.

Old 11-14-2010, 10:34 AM

6 posts, read 21,405 times
Default What is it really like to meet good men living in dallas and houston

Hello Everyone,

I'm thinking about relocating to either Dallas or Houston. I'm trying to do some research on meeting people in these cities.

I lived in Atlanta, Georgia for 9 years. Although there were a lot of decent and professional men in ATL--Most of the men are Not interested in a One-on-One and Committed Relationship. And it it's Not because all men there are on the Down Low. It does not matter how beautiful, educated or professional we are...The Men in ATL want to have Plenty of Women in their lives, But No real Committed One-on-One Relationship. And, this is an issue with women of ALL ages in Atlanta.

Women go to Atlanta-wanting a fresh start to live, work and hopefully meet a Great Person they can become friends with and then Grow into a Long term relationship. But, the Men there think differently and Play A lot of Games in ATL.

I DON'T want to move to another city where the Majority of Men think in terms of All that I mentioned Above. Also, I’m black and open to interracial dating.
Sometimes, if you don't live in a city you then you don't know how it is in some situations and you Don't know the Inside Scoop.

So, Men and Women that currently reside in Dallas and Houston and have been there for a while and know the Inside Scoop--in reference to All that was mentioned above...please provide your Feedback. I especially want to hear from Single Women who currently live in these 2 Cities Dallas/Houston. Also, I want to hear back from the Men as well. And, I truly welcome feedback of All people.....that are Single and Married who lives or has first-hand experience living in these 2 areas And that can share information on the above topics that were mentioned. Also, it's great to hear back from people of Different Age Groups. Also, I'm very interested in hearing back from people in the ages of 35-43 yrs. old.

I Truly Thank Everyone in Advance for Providing Great Feedback. Be Blessed

Old 11-14-2010, 11:24 AM

1,668 posts, read 4,711,711 times
It's hard to believe that Atlanta men act so different from Houston/Dallas men.

You're going to have similar "luck" in Texas unless you change something within yourself. I'm all for a new scene & fresh start but fix what's not right before it breaks all over again.

Old 11-14-2010, 01:58 PM

Default Is Dallas all that Great?????

Hi,

If you Currently live in Dallas or Houston and have resided there for a while can you provide some feedback please.

I'm thinking about moving to Dallas or Houston. I want to hear from someone that can really give me the inside scoop.

I previously lived in Atlanta for 9 years. And, I certainly do NOT want to relocate without talking to people that actually live in these cities.

Can you touch base with me on Here so that we can further talk and you can give me some Insight about one or both of these cities?

Thank You Very Much

Old 11-14-2010, 02:06 PM

Default Is Dallas all that Great?????(regards to meeting Quality people)

Hi,

Hello Everyone,

I'm thinking about relocating to either Dallas or Houston. I'm trying to do some research on meeting people in these cities.

I lived in Atlanta, Georgia for 9 years. Although there were a lot of decent and professional men in ATL--Most of the men are Not interested in a One-on-One and Committed Relationship. And it it's Not because all men there are on the Down Low. It does not matter how beautiful, educated or professional we are...The Men in ATL want to have Plenty of Women in their lives, But No real Committed One-on-One Relationship. And, this is an issue with women of ALL ages in Atlanta.

Women go to Atlanta-wanting a fresh start to live, work and hopefully meet a Great Person they can become friends with and then Grow into a Long term relationship. But, the Men there think differently and Play A lot of Games in ATL.

I DON'T want to move to another city where the Majority of Men think in terms of All that I mentioned Above. Also, I’m black and open to interracial dating.
Sometimes, if you don't live in a city you then you don't know how it is in some situations and you Don't know the Inside Scoop.

So, Men and Women that currently reside in Dallas and Houston and have been there for a while and know the Inside Scoop--in reference to All that was mentioned above...please provide your Feedback. I especially want to hear from Single Women who currently live in these 2 Cities Dallas/Houston. Also, I want to hear back from the Men as well. And, I truly welcome feedback of All people.....that are Single and Married who lives or has first-hand experience living in these 2 areas And that can share information on the above topics that were mentioned. Also, it's great to hear back from people of Different Age Groups. Also, I'm very interested in hearing back from people in the ages of 35-43 yrs. old.

I Truly Thank Everyone in Advance for Providing Great Feedback. Be Blessed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston