Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 09:32 AM

2,165 posts, read 3,744,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnh View Post
Troll or no, the OP voices a sentiment similar to one I hear lamented by expats at my kids' school. One of our expat students was actually killed a couple of years ago, shot in the head at a fellow student's home while handling a parent's gun in an (affluent, well-educated, "responsible" blah blah) gun owner's home in Houston. I don't think it even made the news.
There is so much wrong with this, but I'll just say this.

If you don't know how to use it, don't touch it. Especially if it doesn't belong to you....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2015, 10:36 AM

986 posts, read 1,260,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL_PWR View Post
There is so much wrong with this, but I'll just say this.

If you don't know how to use it, don't touch it. Especially if it doesn't belong to you....
Excellent advice! And I'm sure EVERY child in the country is taught this.

Old 09-30-2015, 11:12 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,439,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnh View Post
Troll or no, the OP voices a sentiment similar to one I hear lamented by expats at my kids' school. One of our expat students was actually killed a couple of years ago, shot in the head at a fellow student's home while handling a parent's gun in an (affluent, well-educated, "responsible" blah blah) gun owner's home in Houston. I don't think it even made the news.
Due to human nature, people tend to be curious about things they are not familiar.

The first time most people saw a flat screen tv in the store, they stopped and looked at it. How often do you stop and look at flat screen tv's now?

How intrigued were you to drive for the first time? How about now?

I'll be exposing my kids to guns under my supervision so that going to look at a gun isn't exciting or interesting.

I remember the first time my older brother and I took his two boys shooting. They were extremely excited to hold the gun and shoot it. They were memorized and argued about who got to shoot first. Now, just a year later, when you force them to the shooting range with their 22's, they can't wait to run through their allotted rounds so they can sit down and play Minecraft on their tablets.

It's similar to my pool situation. Before I had the pool installed, my kids always begged me to take them to my parents to swim. Now, I have to coerce them to swim in our pool.

Old 09-30-2015, 11:14 AM

8,891 posts, read 19,875,808 times
The op has checked out of this thread after his op.

Old 09-30-2015, 11:50 AM

18,041 posts, read 25,061,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorprey View Post
Don't forget. This coming January 1st.

You can open carry.
Good news for thugs

Old 09-30-2015, 12:23 PM

1,237 posts, read 1,999,319 times
The funniest part of the OP is that the nicest thing you can say about Atlantic City is that it's only the 2nd worst cesspool of a city in it's own state.

Old 09-30-2015, 12:43 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,897,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
The op has checked out of this thread after his op.
OP: "Let me just leave this controversial opinion here for my first post on CD - see you guys later"

Nothing trollish about that at all. /s

Old 09-30-2015, 02:02 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,803,724 times
Plenty of my college roommates/friends in NJ had guns and hunted.

Old 09-30-2015, 03:26 PM

2,639 posts, read 8,247,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
Concealed carry means you can have it in your person but it must be concealed from public view.
This is changing next year. You will be able to open carry

Old 10-01-2015, 12:37 PM

2,429 posts, read 2,467,886 times
What's wrong about Atlantic City? I like it. Been there only once though.
But New Jersey in general is pretty tough state to live.
I don't know how people can live without guns there.
Camden is always on the top of the most dangerous places in the US list.
Trenton, Newark...ouch. Very high concentration of dangerous places for such a small state.
And those people can bring crime to other areas as well.
Houston is getting pretty dangerous too, but I believe guns are more needed for self-protection in NJ in general rather than in TX.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston