Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2015, 02:44 PM

4 posts, read 10,040 times

Advertisements

Hello all,
I am new to this forum and need some help. I have been searching for a house under 350K in Richmond area for last few months now. Recently I visited Ryland homes 70's site (East of 99) and liked there cantata plan. Got a few questions related to it before I finalize anything:

Does anyone knows anything wrong with this part of Long Meadows?
Why is Aliana so much expensive than Long Meadows?

P.S There is a thread comparing Aliana and Long Meadow but its a little old now.

Any input is welcome ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2015, 08:57 AM

2,188 posts, read 3,216,477 times
Aliana has the clubhouse that drives the engine and has better grasp of its boundaries and it's all in one school district....lmf is split and there is a wider range of homes in terms of prices compared to Aliana

Lmf has better access and amenities nearby

Old 09-22-2015, 12:45 PM

5 posts, read 9,072 times
Long Meadow Farms on the east side of the Grand Parkway is mixed with a lot of retail and behind a large apartment complex. It just seems disconnected with the main LMF community across the highway. LMF does have better amenities but it is a more established neighborhood. Aliana is growing quickly and is a bit more expensive due to demand, but it is a nice community.

Old 09-22-2015, 03:26 PM

142 posts, read 516,573 times
We were looking into LMF too. The old section has already been built out so we looked into Ryland 70 section as well.
We really like the location and its potential. There are lot of unbuilt area around there but in a year, I'm sure it will fully built out and there will be many commercial outlets nearby.

Old 09-24-2015, 12:27 PM

4 posts, read 10,040 times
Thanks everyone for your input!!

Just one more question :

we were talking to some builders at Aliana and they said Ryland LMF is good but the schools there can not match fort bend schools. When I looked it up on greatschools LAMAR CISD schools almost had same ratings as fort bend school.
Is there a huge difference between Fort bend and Lamar schools?

Old 09-24-2015, 12:39 PM

1,743 posts, read 3,820,070 times
Actually, I think the opposite, Lamar CISD is starting to take the lead in my opinion, and with the new Fulshear Jr. and Sr. High coming into the mix next year, I think it will get even better.

Old 09-24-2015, 01:54 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,839,547 times
I would assume Aliana is priced higher due to schools, HOA amenities, and being closer to Sugar Land (which has better/nicer amenities than the ones immediately around LMF).

The school re-zoning that just went into effect this year in FBISD was favorable to Aliana and Telfair. Half of Aliana got rezoned to Garcia MS and Austin HS. Austin is considered second best to Clements HS, where Telfair got rezoned. Word is the rest of Aliana will eventually be rezoned to Garcia and Austin as well, due to location and expected overcrowding at Bowie and Travis. Of course it now also has its own elementary school inside the neighborhood.

As to district vs district, it is rather pointless looking at the overall district; look at the individual schools.

Old 10-03-2015, 09:53 PM

59 posts, read 99,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK123 View Post
I would assume Aliana is priced higher due to schools, HOA amenities, and being closer to Sugar Land (which has better/nicer amenities than the ones immediately around LMF).

The school re-zoning that just went into effect this year in FBISD was favorable to Aliana and Telfair. Half of Aliana got rezoned to Garcia MS and Austin HS. Austin is considered second best to Clements HS, where Telfair got rezoned. Word is the rest of Aliana will eventually be rezoned to Garcia and Austin as well, due to location and expected overcrowding at Bowie and Travis. Of course it now also has its own elementary school inside the neighborhood.

As to district vs district, it is rather pointless looking at the overall district; look at the individual schools.

Interesting info! Makes sense that all of Aliana might get zoned to Austin since it's so close by and also another new community (Harvest Green) is coming right behind Travis HS. If the existing zoning + new HG + Aliana is there, that would definitely lead to overcrowding of Travis.

Btw, any opinions on Travis HS?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston