Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 09:00 PM

6,291 posts, read 7,497,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyWayto30a View Post
Barry's on Fountainview
Is that the same Barry's that used to be in the parking lot at Windsor Plaza ? Chicago style square cut pizza ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2015, 07:54 AM

52 posts, read 63,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huma281 View Post
What's a good pizza joint around Louetta/249?

Tried the Domino's/Pizza Hut/Papa Johns around here and they're mediocre.
There's a Brothers Pizza on Louetta/Stubner, but it was ok. Wasn't as good as a different location I visited. This was a few years ago, don't know if they improved.
Also tried Marco's on Spring Cypress and never went back.

Only place I like is Jet's deep dish, but it's 25 minutes away near Woodlands.
I think someone mentioned the Mellow Mushroom already, they have a location on Stubner just before Louetta. Their pizza is pretty decent. It seems like they use a high proportion of whole wheat flour which I'm not particularly a fan of. If you're looking for a dine-in place they have a nice selection of craft beers if you're into that.

I've also eaten Locatelli's off of Grant which is pretty decent.

Really, there are quite a few pizza places near Louetta and Stubner. Tony's NY Pizza II has some good reviews on Google. On Spring Cypress there's Wood Fired Pizza Co and Vito's Famous both get good reviews as well. I've never tried any of these places so I can't vouch for them, but my mouth is watering now looking at pictures of pizza.

If I try any of those I'll let you know.

Old 10-11-2015, 07:27 PM

293 posts, read 756,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeHito View Post
I think someone mentioned the Mellow Mushroom already, they have a location on Stubner just before Louetta. Their pizza is pretty decent. It seems like they use a high proportion of whole wheat flour which I'm not particularly a fan of. If you're looking for a dine-in place they have a nice selection of craft beers if you're into that.

I've also eaten Locatelli's off of Grant which is pretty decent.

Really, there are quite a few pizza places near Louetta and Stubner. Tony's NY Pizza II has some good reviews on Google. On Spring Cypress there's Wood Fired Pizza Co and Vito's Famous both get good reviews as well. I've never tried any of these places so I can't vouch for them, but my mouth is watering now looking at pictures of pizza.

Tony's, Wood Fired and Vito's Famous are all very good but, a little far from me. Tony's on Louetta looks like a little hole in the wall place but is good. The Tony's NY pizza on Jones near Hwy 6 has a buffet. Vito's has really good Philly cheese steak sandwiches.

Old 10-11-2015, 07:35 PM

702 posts, read 1,236,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeHito View Post
On Spring Cypress there's Wood Fired Pizza Co and Vito's Famous both get good reviews as well. I've never tried any of these places so I can't vouch for them, but my mouth is watering now looking at pictures of pizza.

Wood Fired Pizza has super strange hours. They're closed 1-2 days of the week and only open 3-4 hours the others. I'll google Vito's and might try them out. Forgot to mention I'm looking for a good deep dish pizza.

Old 10-12-2015, 04:26 PM

1,326 posts, read 3,451,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL_PWR View Post
Pepperoni's in Cinco Ranch
Pepperoni's is good when we just want a quick pizza delivered or takeout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor_McCheese View Post
This thread starts and ends with Brother's. Best Pizza in Houston if you ask me. Russo's does in a pinch. Pizaro's is right behind Brother's but not far. It's very good pizza. Marco's has been very greasy the last few times I've tried it. Pepperoni's is a step above Papa Johns and only better than the chains. Antonio's while decent pizza is way too expensive for just above average pizza. Grimaldi's is good but again it ain't cheap. If you can't get Brothers or Pizaro go get yourself a Red Baron. It's better than a lot that have been mentioned here.
We tried the Brother's on Hwy 6 and I-10 and were not impressed.
Seemed like a lot of hype for just okay pizza and the place looked a bit run down.
The best pizza place I have tried in the area has been Barry's.
I have not tried the Grimaldi's here, but have tried it in another state (CA) and it was very good as well.
The Fuzzy's on Mason Road in Katy was a go-to spot for us in the past, but we do not go there as much anymore.

Old 10-29-2015, 11:00 PM

76 posts, read 67,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Giordano's is NOT here. There was hype, but nothing has opened. I love Giordano's more than Gino's. I won't travel that far for Gino's. I was hoping for Giordano's to open closer to Pearland. Even the galleria would work. But so far nothing.
Visited Chicago for the first time almost a year ago to the day. First place we stopped was a Giordano's. Two days later into our trip we stopped by again. Superb pizza.

Old 10-30-2015, 07:35 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,909,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
Visited Chicago for the first time almost a year ago to the day. First place we stopped was a Giordano's. Two days later into our trip we stopped by again. Superb pizza.
That's one of the things I miss about being in Evanston. I could actually walk to Giordano's. I love the deep dish Spinach pizza and get some whenever we go back.

Old 10-30-2015, 10:52 PM

3 posts, read 2,983 times
We like Russo's and Grimaldi's in Sugar Land.

Old 10-31-2015, 10:59 AM

2,702 posts, read 6,028,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geolvl View Post
Brothers pizzeria. So good!
Brother's is the best! HANDS DOWN. Wins all day, everyday & twice on Sundays

Their Katy location is delish.

Old 10-31-2015, 03:56 PM

112 posts, read 199,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Giordano's is NOT here. There was hype, but nothing has opened. I love Giordano's more than Gino's. I won't travel that far for Gino's. I was hoping for Giordano's to open closer to Pearland. Even the galleria would work. But so far nothing.
I second that. Love Giordanos more than Ginos East. I'm relatively close to the Ginos by Willow Brook but only have eaten there twice. If Giordanos were there, it'd be closer to weekly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston