Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 12:36 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,804,358 times

Advertisements

Anyone ever hear of an umbrella?
Pretty cool little invention. Some are even automatic!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2015, 02:34 PM

7,542 posts, read 11,574,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2mini View Post
Anyone ever hear of an umbrella?
Pretty cool little invention. Some are even automatic!
That will not work if is raining really hard and you have 2 or more kids with costumes

Old 10-28-2015, 02:42 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,804,358 times
Seriously?
Why are houstonians such pansies when it comes to weather?
Up north we trick or treated in the cold, rain or sometimes snow. Like the mail service, weather did not stop a kid from getting free candy! Mom would try to get us to wear coats over our costumes. Sometimes this worked, sometimes not! lol
Both my little ones have their own umbrellas and we have a couple of adult umbrellas too.
Obviously a hurricane or flooding conditions would not be wise to trick or treat in but a little rain is not much of an obstacle.

Old 10-28-2015, 03:25 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,857,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Now saying the rain should end about 9pm that is to late for the 5 to 9 yrs olds
I like a good rain on Halloween. Creates to creepy atmosphere. As for the little kids they can treat or treat at the mall. The older kids can do the outdoor trick or treating. I just watched the news and they are saying the bulk of the rain will fall mid morning to mid afternoon. Even the little kids should still be able to get out there before it's too late.

Old 10-28-2015, 03:26 PM

5,287 posts, read 5,789,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2mini View Post
Seriously?
Why are houstonians such pansies when it comes to weather?
Up north we trick or treated in the cold, rain or sometimes snow. Like the mail service, weather did not stop a kid from getting free candy! Mom would try to get us to wear coats over our costumes. Sometimes this worked, sometimes not! lol
Both my little ones have their own umbrellas and we have a couple of adult umbrellas too.
Obviously a hurricane or flooding conditions would not be wise to trick or treat in but a little rain is not much of an obstacle.
Maybe northerners care more about Halloween? As a kid, all Halloween meant to me is that Christmas was getting closer. But maybe that's because this was in the 90s when people were terrified of letting their kids go trick or treating.

Old 10-28-2015, 04:59 PM

398 posts, read 394,840 times
Let it pour. The only reason I'm considering going out is to avoid the TTers. My doorbell is nearly worn out from endless fundraisers throughout the year. These entitled brats usually aren't even selling anything these days. They literally come by begging for free money. Their idiot parents even promote this stupidity. I've had some come up to my car at intersections and at Walmart begging for money, just like literal bums. Great parenting morons. Way to teach the kid work ethics and personal responsibility. I can't imagine why our society lacks those 2 attributes these days.

I'm pretty sure most of the candy bums that come to my house don't even live in my neighborhood. As a responsible person, I've decided not to have children until later in life so that I can provide for that child as best I can. What do I get in return? A life in a child-centric world full of bad parents. So yeah. I hope it rains like hell so I can have some peace from the stupid kids and amateurs going out. Buy your own d--- candy. I've already contributed more than my fair share.

Old 10-28-2015, 05:08 PM

1,211 posts, read 3,557,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickelsTX View Post
Let it pour. The only reason I'm considering going out is to avoid the TTers. My doorbell is nearly worn out from endless fundraisers throughout the year. These entitled brats usually aren't even selling anything these days. They literally come by begging for free money. Their idiot parents even promote this stupidity. I've had some come up to my car at intersections and at Walmart begging for money, just like literal bums. Great parenting morons. Way to teach the kid work ethics and personal responsibility. I can't imagine why our society lacks those 2 attributes these days.

I'm pretty sure most of the candy bums that come to my house don't even live in my neighborhood. As a responsible person, I've decided not to have children until later in life so that I can provide for that child as best I can. What do I get in return? A life in a child-centric world full of bad parents. So yeah. I hope it rains like hell so I can have some peace from the stupid kids and amateurs going out. Buy your own d--- candy. I've already contributed more than my fair share.
HAPPY Halloween NickelsTX

Old 10-28-2015, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCH99 View Post
HAPPY Halloween NickelsTX
oh it will be...as soon as I find out which breaker my doorbell is wired into.

Old 10-28-2015, 05:45 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,916,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickelsTX View Post

Poor NickelsTX, I am sorry you are such a grumpy fella.

Old 10-28-2015, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Poor NickelsTX, I am sorry you are such a grumpy fella.
Just because I'm not interested in contributing to the delinquency of little unappreciative demon spawns doesn't mean I'm grumpy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston