Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 06:02 PM

47 posts, read 79,114 times

Advertisements

Why not price the floor plan and lot separately? We lived in a golf course community in GA. The lots were priced between $30k and $175k depending on size and location. You picked the floor plan, made sure it met all the community architectural control requirements, and built it on the lot of your choosing. You added the price of the lot to to the price of the home.

The first time we visited a Houston MUD, my husband told the agent he wanted to build a ranch style home under 3000 sqft. She quickly informed him he needed to go to the 50s. He was shocked that she would point out his age and delegate him to a retirement community. He quickly informed her he was not quite old enough for a 55 and older community. We laughed as she quickly explained that was the lot size, not his age.

It is strange that the practices are so different between GA and TX because many of the builders and developers in Houston are the same builders and developers in Atlanta.

Being an empty nester we prefer being able to pick our own lot and house size. When we were younger we couldn't afford the larger lot, but needed a larger home. So we purchased a smaller nongolf course lot with a larger home. Now we are older and can afford the better lot and upgrades, we are told we must build a larger home that no longer meets our needs. It is very frustrating.

Bentwater is about the only community we can find similar to our GA community. The only problem is my husbands office is in Sugar Land and the commute would be a "bear". Does anyone know know of a community, minus the lake, that would be similar to Bentwater on the West or South side of town? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2016, 06:34 PM

833 posts, read 1,885,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyrules View Post
Why not price the floor plan and lot separately? We lived in a golf course community in GA. The lots were priced between $30k and $175k depending on size and location. You picked the floor plan, made sure it met all the community architectural control requirements, and built it on the lot of your choosing. You added the price of the lot to to the price of the home.

The first time we visited a Houston MUD, my husband told the agent he wanted to build a ranch style home under 3000 sqft. She quickly informed him he needed to go to the 50s. He was shocked that she would point out his age and delegate him to a retirement community. He quickly informed her he was not quite old enough for a 55 and older community. We laughed as she quickly explained that was the lot size, not his age.

It is strange that the practices are so different between GA and TX because many of the builders and developers in Houston are the same builders and developers in Atlanta.

Being an empty nester we prefer being able to pick our own lot and house size. When we were younger we couldn't afford the larger lot, but needed a larger home. So we purchased a smaller nongolf course lot with a larger home. Now we are older and can afford the better lot and upgrades, we are told we must build a larger home that no longer meets our needs. It is very frustrating.

Bentwater is about the only community we can find similar to our GA community. The only problem is my husbands office is in Sugar Land and the commute would be a "bear". Does anyone know know of a community, minus the lake, that would be similar to Bentwater on the West or South side of town? Thanks
There are several communities in Fulshear Area that allow this like Westin Lakes, Fulbook Estates and Fulshear Estates where you pick the big lot and use a custom builder to build your home. Fulshear Estates even has no deed restrictions from what I understand.

Related to the actual topic of Fulshear Run and looking at Trendmaker and the smallest home is 3400sqft on a 1/2 acre lot. For Texas standards that is not that big when in other communities people are putting 4000sqft+ homes on postage stamp size lots.

Old 03-17-2016, 11:55 AM

1,743 posts, read 3,818,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyrules View Post

Estates of Whispering Oaks, Foster Creek, Foster Crossing, Grand River, Westcreek, River Forest, Texana Plantation (not sure if there are lots left there).

Old 04-13-2016, 09:56 AM

399 posts, read 641,426 times
Default Fulshear Run website now up. Looks nice!

Home - Fulshear Run

Old 04-13-2016, 11:39 AM

833 posts, read 1,885,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasroots77 View Post
Wooohoo, looks like the farmers market is going to stay!

Old 04-13-2016, 12:15 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,914,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtothemak View Post
Wooohoo, looks like the farmers market is going to stay!
Cinco Ranch yuppies rejoice

In all seriousness, it's a nice little farmers market - I'm glad it's doing well and people are supporting it.

Old 04-15-2016, 12:29 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,914,072 times
To the person who PM'ed me the following:

this post concerns me, if cinco ranch folks are considered yuppies then how will Fulbrook residents receive my family if we build there? We're from Memorial in Houston, which makes Cinco look like the slums. Is everyone in Fulshear narrow minded??

It was a joke. Pretty sure most Fulshear residents themselves are a little yuppie on the inside too.
My joke was more of a statement about yuppies liking farmers markets (full disclosure - I have been to the farmer's market in question.)

Also, you might be an uber yuppie by stating "Memorial makes Cinco look like the slums." Pot, meet kettle.

Last edited by NTexas2010; 04-15-2016 at 12:40 PM..

Old 04-09-2018, 04:26 PM

399 posts, read 641,426 times
Anyone have any updates on this community? Or know people who has moved to Fulshear Run? Or about the Middle School and High School across the street?

Old 02-08-2023, 10:27 AM

337 posts, read 298,325 times
Default Fulshear Run

I am reviving the thread about Fulshear Run.
It has two builders:
Tri Pointe Homes
Partners in Building

Partners in Building makes nice homes but their homes start at $1.7 million.
So we are only looking at Tri Pointe Homes with 1 Acre lots.

Is there anyone here who lives in Fulshear Run?
How do they like the community and schools?
If you built with Trendmaker/Trip Pointe Home how was your experience?
If you are of Indian origin would you fit in?
I am assuming that the commute to downtown will be Terrible.

A home with a modern interior on a 1 Acre lot is appealing to me.

Old 02-08-2023, 11:26 AM

223 posts, read 261,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticiam View Post
I am reviving the thread about Fulshear Run.
It has two builders:
Tri Pointe Homes
Partners in Building

Partners in Building makes nice homes but their homes start at $1.7 million.
So we are only looking at Tri Pointe Homes with 1 Acre lots.

Is there anyone here who lives in Fulshear Run?
How do they like the community and schools?
If you built with Trendmaker/Trip Pointe Home how was your experience?
If you are of Indian origin would you fit in?
I am assuming that the commute to downtown will be Terrible.

A home with a modern interior on a 1 Acre lot is appealing to me.
From Fulshear Run to downtown, zero traffic (say 3am) is probably 45 minutes

Rush hour? At least double that if not more. Not for me, but strongly suggest you try it before buying and being stuck with that commute for a while
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston