Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 04:54 PM

398 posts, read 394,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
We are still so backwards and behind the rest of modern world...
Good. Our differences vs the rest of the world made us the most powerful nation this planet has ever seen. I just hope we can get back to that standard that the rest of the world disagrees with because globalization simply isn't good for Americans.

Since we are so backwards and behind, maybe it's time for you to leave?

Old 11-06-2015, 05:15 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,913,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
There's a difference between a sexually segregated bathroom and a segregated library.

Maybe you would feel comfortable on a nude beach. That doesn't mean most people would.
If the bathroom has stalls, then it works fine. It can also be a one person bathroom like most family bathrooms are. Americans are so uptight about nudity. We are not nude in bathrooms.

There are plenty of gender neutral bathrooms in Europe and other places including on college campuses.

Gender-Neutral Bathrooms Are Quietly Becoming The New Thing At Colleges

Unisex bathrooms are common in Toronto. Of course, I can understand men still wanting urinals - they are quicker to use, but that could be solved by putting walls between them.
Attached Thumbnails
I've never been so proud of this city-urinal_02.jpg   I've never been so proud of this city-urinal_01.jpg  

Old 11-06-2015, 07:24 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,888,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
If the bathroom has stalls, then it works fine. It can also be a one person bathroom like most family bathrooms are. Americans are so uptight about nudity. We are not nude in bathrooms.

There are plenty of gender neutral bathrooms in Europe and other places including on college campuses.

Unisex bathrooms are common in Toronto. Of course, I can understand men still wanting urinals - they are quicker to use, but that could be solved by putting walls between them.
Until women can walk around topless and be comfortable doing so (it's legal here in Austin), don't expect gender neutral bathrooms anytime soon.

Old 11-06-2015, 07:24 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,282,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickelsTX View Post
Good. Our differences vs the rest of the world made us the most powerful nation this planet has ever seen. I just hope we can get back to that standard that the rest of the world disagrees with because globalization simply isn't good for Americans.

Since we are so backwards and behind, maybe it's time for you to leave?
I thank Roosevelt everyday for making this country what it is today

Old 11-08-2015, 08:30 PM

2,165 posts, read 3,772,966 times
I just wanted to comment on this fine thread again and thank the voters one more time.

Old 11-08-2015, 10:01 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,498,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Krinkle View Post
Just as I figured. It's people outside the 610 loop who are either ignorant, can't read a paragraph on the ballot, scared to go to hell for religious reasons, or just old and stubborn and voted no. Voter turnout was pathetic as usual.
It's also interesting to see a large portion black community voted no. You would think the black community would know what it's like to be discriminated against, and this ordinance would have applied to them as well. They didn't have much of a turnout either.
Map shows where HERO had greatest support, opposition - Houston Chronicle
Of course, liberals favorite pets (don't argue that point, because it can't be argued) know what it's like to be discriminated against--if they don't vote as you hope, they're worthless as they were when it came to Prop 8 in KKKalifornia. If they had been coddled like alphabet types have been, then they could relate--but, they weren't and don't and will gladly admit if you asked up close and personally. Go to any university around and I am quite certain their overstaffed alphabet office has an overpaid supervisor who runs a not-so-busy operation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysoul View Post
Your argument really doesn't hold merit when your post is full of unnecessary insults and name-calling. Wow, what a way to get to an audience.

Oh please. Another assumption about people who live outside of the 610 loop. Where do you get off on generalizing and making assumptions about people based on how they voted just because you didn't like the outcome?
Oh and I'll be sure to let other people who did vote for it here in the suburbs what the 610 people think. This kind of elitist mentality is so irritating when some people try to have a reasonable argument or debate. And the voter turnout seems pretty high to me since the measure did not pass by a wide margin.
The majority ruled. Deal with it. If you don't like it, quit whining and organize/participate in getting it back on the ballot to be passed and we'll see if it's the same outcome.
Your whole post, but mainly that last part for emphasis:

Old 11-08-2015, 10:03 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,498,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post

There are a lot of immigrants overrunning Europe and they're hard at work inventing gender neutral pronouns.

I don't really want that, either.

Old 11-09-2015, 02:12 AM

2,068 posts, read 2,923,775 times
Just dropping by with these:
Transgender performer illustrates the impact of HERO - Houston Chronicle
A Letter to the Christians in Houston Who Opposed HERO*|*Brandan Robertson
https://www.facebook.com/aamori.oluj...3255468123682/

Old 11-09-2015, 05:26 AM

8,895 posts, read 19,997,888 times
Sounds like she is just as prejudiced as those she is lambasting as she is selecting Christians as her target if the letter is to the Christians who voted. It wasn't all Christians who voted that down, I don't think the voter registration card identified voters as Christians, atheist or agnostic. . So double standard much?

Old 11-09-2015, 06:03 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,051,870 times
The resentment is pointed in the wrong direction.
Blame the Mayor and her stubbornness, poor leadership and poor execution on this. She and other city leadership totally dropped the ball.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston