Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 02:19 PM

9 posts, read 27,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingtomove08 View Post
Iam planning to move as well in 2008 to Houston from CA. I find these forum very informative. What new home communities are at the top of your list ?
We are looking at a wide variety of homes for various reasons
Kimball Hill homes (At Bridgewater Place in Katy) : We like the floor Plan and they seem to offer a lot of value for the money.
Taylor Woodrow: Lake lots are very attractive, but Iam not sure if we can afford it.
Perry Homes (Pinevalley Ranch and Cinco Ranch) : They look good as well.

Our plan is to see as much as we can before making a decision
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2007, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyfamily View Post
We have lived in Katy for 8 years and in three different neighborhoods. All three houses were newly built (Pulte, Brighton, Imperial). If your price limit is $400k, I would recommend these neighborhoods in Katy-Falcon Point Estates (golfcourse homes), Seven Meadows, parts of Cinco Ranch, Woodcreek Reserve, Firethorne, and Grand Lakes. Good luck!
Thanks for responding. We are looking at Imperial as well. We would love a lake lot, not much into Golf, but a lake lot would be great.

Old 02-03-2007, 02:59 PM

2,703 posts, read 3,414,444 times
Look at Firethorne. That is a real good community and they have a lot of affordable housing. WoodCreek Reserve is also nice (and wooded), but homes strat from the 300's. Westheimer Lakes North is also a good community to look at. It is right off of the Westpark Tollway and is zoned to Seven Lakes High School.

Old 04-03-2007, 11:22 AM

Well, thanks to all of you that responded back. We made our trip and have decided on Sienna Plantation in Missouri City. We loved the greenery and trees surrounding the homes in the community.
Iam trying to estimate our monthly costs and my questions relates to property taxes and insurance. How much can I expect to pay as a percentage for property taxes and insurance, my purchase price is expected to be around 350K. Thanks.

Old 04-05-2007, 05:05 PM

4 posts, read 7,802 times
Default Wow!!

It sure felt good to find another person from the Bay Area is relocating to Texas. We are gathering information regarding schools, houses and this site is helping us tremendously. Still searching for employment and have gotten a few inquiries on the Monster.com site, as well as governmentjobs.com. best to you.

Old 04-05-2007, 07:35 PM

321 posts, read 1,440,284 times
Default affordable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello63 View Post
Iam tired of the housing situation in the San Francisco Bay area and would like to move to a more affordable area. Iam a consultant and hence have no commute issues. Iam looking for an area which is safe and has affordable housing. I have travelled to houston a few times and the sugarland/Katy area was recommended to me. Thanks for your help.
Define affordable?

Old 04-05-2007, 08:21 PM

321 posts, read 1,440,284 times
Default Sugarland

Quote:
Iam tired of the housing situation in the San Francisco Bay area and would like to move to a more affordable area. Iam a consultant and hence have no commute issues. Iam looking for an area which is safe and has affordable housing. I have travelled to houston a few times and the sugarland/Katy area was recommended to me. Thanks for your help.
Sugarland is one of the Best burbs to live in.. consequently it will be very sought after and lots of commuters... Many live on lakefront homes in the area...

Old 04-06-2007, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Well, thanks to all of you that responded back. We made our trip and have decided on Sienna Plantation in Missouri City. We loved the greenery and trees surrounding the homes in the community.
Iam trying to estimate our monthly costs and my questions relates to property taxes and insurance. How much can I expect to pay as a percentage for property taxes and insurance, my purchase price is expected to be around 350K. Thanks.
The schools zoned there aren't as great as the ones you would find in Katy (especially Hightower High School, but you will like it. There are some nice pockets of trees scattered throughout the place. Good shopping options. I think many people here exaggerated on Katy traffic. It really isn't bad, especially since freeway construction is being completed section by section. Highway 6 will be a pain in the morning with all of those stoplights. The Fort Bend Tollway ends at Beltway 8, so if you need to go into Downtown, you need to work with the side streets, too. You could go up to 59, but that thing is the most traveled freeway in Texas. Good luck!

Old 04-08-2007, 11:26 AM

Thanks for your response. The greenery is what keeps us interested in Sienna Plantation.
Unfortunately, we did not visit Cinco and pinemill ranch. Any idea how those communities compare to Sienna Plantation ?. We do not have kids , so school districts are not that important to us, however we do understand that it plays a role in resale. Thanks again.

Old 04-08-2007, 01:32 PM

A lot of people want to be in Katy I.S.D., so if you did decide to sell, you home in K.I.S.D. would have more value.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston