U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2007, 03:48 PM

19 posts, read 73,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello63 View Post
Iam trying to estimate our monthly costs and my questions relates to property taxes and insurance. How much can I expect to pay as a percentage for property taxes and insurance, my purchase price is expected to be around 350K. Thanks.
Don't forget your homeowner's association fees.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2007, 06:54 PM
cla

898 posts, read 3,075,092 times
Quote:
Iam trying to estimate our monthly costs and my questions relates to property taxes and insurance. How much can I expect to pay as a percentage for property taxes and insurance, my purchase price is expected to be around 350K. Thanks.
A safe rule of thumb for a rough estimate for the Houston metro area is 1% of the purchase price of the house will approximately equal one month mortgage/property taxes/insurance/HOA dues.

I don't know if this holds true for homes in the upper $$ brackets, but for 100K to 300+K homes, it's a good guideline. How much you put down is of course, also a factor. The 1% rule assumes a little to no down payment

Old 06-19-2007, 12:05 PM

7 posts, read 25,658 times
If you are planning to move to Sienna Plantation here are a few useful tips. I just moved from there and lived there for 5 years. The school district was recently rezoned, find out what side of Sienna Parkway is the Elkins High School side, and I promise you it will hold way more value. The local politics actually made it so that the schools are basically segregated. Elkins actually has a pretty equal distribution of races but Hightower has turned all black and hispanic since the "white flight" of my class of 06 in 8th grade when every single white kid at lake olympia middle school that lived in sienna and was zoned to hightower got a transfer to elkins. Elkins doesn't take transfers anymore because they realized how much they botched this I assume.

Also, the waterpark in the neighborhood is great. The fortbend toll road will be your best friend in getting ANYWHERE in the greater houston area. Get and easy tag and bask in its ...easyness.. I guess. Theres a great church that meets at hightower high school called Sienna Valley Community Church, if you are seeking one. They are very accepting of new people, and it's a very new age contemporary feel.

Sugarland town square is the place to hang out for young singles and married couples. Bjs brewhouse across the street from the town square is the best beer/pizza/fine dining restaurant you'll find.

Any more questions shoot me an email- rapturebassist@hotmail.com

I have lived in Missouri City and Sugar Land for about 10 years now. Its a wonderful area.

Old 01-27-2008, 03:57 AM

3 posts, read 8,656 times
Hey guerilla, do you sell real estate in katy? You pound that Katy drum nonstop. My sister in law just moved to cinco ranch and hates it. She got more house for money that in FC but feels like she's in the middle of nowhere..

If you choose sugarland, then you should move to first colony. Totally self contained and picked by forbes as 3rd best city of size to live in with lowest crime rate. My husband commutes to medical center in 30 minutes. He does however set his office hours so that he misses peak travel hours. We live in sweetwater in fc and are zoned for FSMS and Clements High school. Both my children graduated from clements and one went to USC in california and the other is currently at Rice. So their education was just fine at clements.

To the person thinking of moving to sienna plantation in MC...don't. you will be sorry. You said your house was 350, you might be able to find some fairly new construction in FC for that price but it won't be large. If you want out in that location on highway 6 then look at pearland.

Old 01-27-2008, 03:16 PM

4,753 posts, read 12,810,453 times
newporter, you are really making me hope that my husband lands a new Houston job next week...I think First Colony looks really good and I'd like to live there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston