Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 07:43 PM

7 posts, read 3,542 times

Advertisements

My driving record was good until this year. This summer I received a ticket on highway to Dallas and took defensive driving course to avoid record.

Probably, I was too relax to enjoy the new year holiday, I was caught by cops at the clay RD of Bear creek Pioneers Park this afternoon. I think cops are hiding there caught many.

The ticket shows 64 vs 45 MPH, 19 mile above limits.

Do I have any chance to get this ticket dismissed, or, at least, not to receive any point by present to the court? (I already have defensive driving course).

(I don't know what speed was at the time stopped by cop, but I was surprised to see him standing in the middle of road to stop me!)

Wish you a very nice new year holiday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2015, 07:54 PM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Check your driving record online:
Traffic Ticket Fines & Penalties in Texas | DMV.org
see if you have any points
Here are some comments about similar situation:
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...0064214AA7CNAo
Just received another speeding ticket in TX. Already on deferred adjudication and took defensive driving earlier this year: - Avvo.com

Good luck!!

Old 12-31-2015, 07:58 PM

467 posts, read 1,185,468 times
You can ask the judge for deferred disposition. Normally, it's a 3 months probation period. If you don't get any new ticket within the 3 months, your ticket will be dismissed. You will still have to pay for court fees.

Old 12-31-2015, 09:54 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,237,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliana926 View Post
You can ask the judge for deferred disposition. Normally, it's a 3 months probation period. If you don't get any new ticket within the 3 months, your ticket will be dismissed. You will still have to pay for court fees.
Deferred adjudication. That may be the same thing as described above. Not cheap but will keep it off the driving record, which will be more costly. Not sure when it resets that you can take defensive driving again.

Old 01-01-2016, 02:28 PM

115 posts, read 147,096 times
Using a ticket attorney has worked well for me. Send your ticket over to this guy David S. Sprecher and Associates P.C., Attorneys. Pay his fee and let him handle it. He'll reschedule the court date that you must show up for. I've used him for 3 sets of tickets received in a trap like you have described. Actually, it was the same trap by the same cops each time. I know.... every couple of years they pull me over. All of mine were dismissed on either a technicality or that the officers didn't show up for court.

Old 01-15-2016, 03:04 PM

7 posts, read 3,542 times
Thanks a lot for all your replies.. The court offers choice to take safety driving course even you had that within 12 month to dismiss the tickect.
As a foreigner, I just accepted that as a good solution.
Thanks again.

Old 06-02-2016, 12:13 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,520,666 times
I have a court hearing scheduled mid June regarding my speeding ticket.
Recently I received a letter from Gilligan's Law Firm offering to fight this ticket for $50.
Yelp has mixed reviews on this law firm.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Do I really need lawyer to fight a ticket in Houston? What are normal rates for a good lawyer here? Who would you recommend to work with to get this ticket dismissed?

Thanks

Old 06-02-2016, 01:10 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,222,814 times
I use kubosh. I find it to be money well spent if you don't know the legal process well. its cheaper then points and insurance going up.

Old 06-02-2016, 01:17 PM

103 posts, read 167,619 times
On the ticket it tells you how to request Deferred Adjudication. Do that and start using Waze. If you aren't comfortable asking yourself then call http://www.davidsprecher.com/faq.htm

Old 06-02-2016, 02:28 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,520,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortel View Post
I use kubosh. I find it to be money well spent if you don't know the legal process well. its cheaper then points and insurance going up.
Kubosh? I see mostly horrible reviews

Kubosh Paul - 19 Reviews - Lawyer - Sixth Ward - Houston, TX - Phone Number - Yelp
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: