Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 10:22 PM

3,283 posts, read 6,018,560 times

Advertisements

This thread is a joke although my post was 100% serious. But man. I got some violent anti Semitic and homophobic private messages. Y'all are crazy

It apparently IS better in my neck of the woods!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2016, 10:51 PM

18,044 posts, read 25,080,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalPlanner View Post
Sure, why not? As long as there's nothing like zoning or deed restrictions that try to forcibly exclude others on the basis of culture, ethnicity, religion etc. You're free to seek a homogeneous neighborhood, not free to preserve it.
Same people that claim to support freedom and less government
Are the ones that support zoning

Old 01-08-2016, 03:41 AM

4,874 posts, read 10,015,266 times
The answer I have in general is the phrase from that little girl:
"Why not both?"

You can be around people like you AND enjoy diversity at the same time. I can be around other hipster White people, but then venture into black and Hispanic neighborhoods for ethnic goodies. Personally if I had a choice I would live in a tiny apartment in a cheap, safe neighborhood. I don't need no stinkin' big house.

Anyhow: In West Houston the minorities are forced to live amongst other people - it's all mishmashed if you see the Houston ethnicity maps. Ethnic boundaries are more pronounced in the central city, although the old black neighborhoods are either whitening or browning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glossa View Post
If it's all that uncomfortable for them, they're more than welcome to stay in their nice and comfortable original home lands.
Some people don't have that choice. They are refugees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detachable arm View Post
Remember: black neighborhoods for blacks, Hispanic neighborhoods for Hispanics, and white neighborhoods for everyone.
That's not how it works in this town:

* Some black neighborhoods are getting honkies and crackers. Others are browning, with more Hispanics moving in.
* The further out Hispanic neighborhoods are remaining Hispanic, but the ones close in town such as the Second Ward are being walloped with gentrification
* The blacks are moving out of the traditional black neighborhoods and going to southwest and west Houston, and to Mo City, and North Harris Cou

Old 01-08-2016, 06:08 AM

213 posts, read 301,356 times
Using the terms "honkies and crackers" makes one a very cool dude. High five.

Old 01-08-2016, 08:36 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,452,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by testmo View Post
This thread is a joke although my post was 100% serious. But man. I got some violent anti Semitic and homophobic private messages. Y'all are crazy

They are adding their addresses in these PM's? Very odd.

Old 01-08-2016, 09:21 AM

3,283 posts, read 6,018,560 times
Some did. Apparently jews aren't welcomed in katy and memorial. Id advise it might just be dangerous to move there based off some of my messages. Also by the anti Semitic and homophobic responses about westbury I assume they dont live here

Old 01-08-2016, 09:37 AM

14,888 posts, read 9,971,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by testmo View Post

Why don't you take that up with a moderator and stop trying to derail this thread like you have for the last 2 days?

Old 01-08-2016, 09:42 AM

2,756 posts, read 3,777,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Why don't you take that up with a moderator and stop trying to derail this thread like you have for the last 2 days?
Why don't you post a single thread showing "people who come to this forum and speak highly of Houston's diversity then they ask where to find a community filled with people just like themselves"?

I still can't find a single one and apparently you can't either.

Old 01-08-2016, 10:01 AM

14,888 posts, read 9,971,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdemo View Post
Why don't you post a single thread showing "people who come to this forum and speak highly of Houston's diversity then they ask where to find a community filled with people just like themselves"?

I still can't find a single one and apparently you can't either.
It took about 30 seconds of searching...

//www.city-data.com/forum/houst...g-houston.html

Just for good measure, this is a thread basically looking for the exact opposite and the OP is attacked by you and your tolerant friends.

//www.city-data.com/forum/houst...ston-move.html

Old 01-08-2016, 10:06 AM

2,756 posts, read 3,777,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
It took about 30 seconds of searching...

//www.city-data.com/forum/houst...g-houston.html

Just for good measure, this is a thread basically looking for the exact opposite and the OP is attacked by you and your tolerant friends.

//www.city-data.com/forum/houst...ston-move.html
Nice try but you need to work on your reading comprehension: "Where are some good places for a young black single female to live. I prefer to be where things are happening. I like to be in a diverse area. Not just one race or kind of people"

She clearly says she's African-American and wants to live in a diverse area.

And as for the other thread you posted. The guy deserves to be called out. From his mouth: " I guess I'm a culturalist...or even a racist, however that's not really the point of the thread."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston