Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer
Midtown 2 9.52%
Montrose 10 47.62%
Washington 3 14.29%
Downtown/EaDo 3 14.29%
Rice Village 3 14.29%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 05:32 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,922,581 times

Advertisements

The place with the most young women with daddy issues, who are easily plied with alcohol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2016, 05:53 PM

3,283 posts, read 6,051,293 times
Montrose because bar hopping plus multiple cafes because im more likely to eat and drink coffee than alcohol. Really dont see the difference between montrose and duPont for example other than scale, age, and age of clientele. Rice village is the most douchey of them all

Old 02-02-2016, 05:57 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,821,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by testmo View Post
Montrose because bar hopping plus multiple cafes because im more likely to eat and drink coffee than alcohol. Really dont see the difference between montrose and duPont for example other than scale, age, and age of clientele. Rice village is the most douchey of them all
Montrose is simply not as dense or walkable as Dupont Circle and its' surrounding neighborhood areas are. There's not as much foot traffic or as many scene bars to go. Montrose probably has Dupont Circle beat in terms of restaurants easily though actually.

Old 02-03-2016, 06:57 AM

1,728 posts, read 3,442,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
The place with the most young women with daddy issues, who are easily plied with alcohol.
I like the way you think

Old 02-03-2016, 08:05 AM

84 posts, read 120,588 times
I agree with most of the above comments. It does not really mean that you'd like to go to Montrose or Midtown or Downtown even if you go there all the time. It is the specific bar, restaurant that you'd like to go.
In my case, I never go out with a target destination area in my mind but generally a restaurant or a bar that I thought for the night.
And I agree, it is the walkability (and to be able to reach multiple places by walking) that matters and unfortunately it is lacking in most parts of Houston.

Interestingly, closest thing to the walkable nightlife scene as in other major cities is in a suburb of Houston; that is the Woodlands Town Center. Generally, you lose this city feel when you go away from the Downtown areas, but that is the other way around here.

Old 02-03-2016, 09:18 AM

3,283 posts, read 6,051,293 times
How is town center woodlands more like soho or dupont than montrose?????? Totally disagree

Old 02-03-2016, 09:44 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,946,279 times
The local Mexican restaurant.

Old 02-03-2016, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by testmo View Post
How is town center woodlands more like soho or dupont than montrose?????? Totally disagree
well, purely on a walkability score.
The Woodlands Town Center is not a Soho or Dupont based on number and quality of spots you can go but you can at least walk from the movie theater to a restaurant and then to a bar and to then another bar and so on.
So, going to the Woodlands Town Center is actually a thing- you don't have to pick a restaurant to go and drive.
You can go there, walk around a while and pick a place you want to go at that moment. Then you can change the place without needing your car.

Old 02-03-2016, 11:30 AM

1,011 posts, read 976,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magni View Post
well, purely on a walkability score.
The Woodlands Town Center is not a Soho or Dupont based on number and quality of spots you can go but you can at least walk from the movie theater to a restaurant and then to a bar and to then another bar and so on.
So, going to the Woodlands Town Center is actually a thing- you don't have to pick a restaurant to go and drive.
You can go there, walk around a while and pick a place you want to go at that moment. Then you can change the place without needing your car.
Meh. I'd rather go to City Centre if you want the walk-ability that you described. No need to go all the way to "So. Dallas."

Old 02-03-2016, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3shipguy View Post
Meh. I'd rather go to City Centre if you want the walk-ability that you described. No need to go all the way to "So. Dallas."

My intention was not to encourage everyone to go to the Woodlands for nightlife.
I found it interesting that city-style night life entertainment is more on the suburbs than near downtown Houston.
Same with City Center- it is not even an inside-the-loop location, is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston