Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 08:38 AM

1,105 posts, read 2,562,967 times

Advertisements

I think that whole strip of 99 will develop over the next few years really well.
You have Bridgeland expanding, Fedex built out a site, and closer to I-10 the expansion is crazy.
I'd recommend going to talk to Danny from Highland homes, he's been there before it even broke ground.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2019, 10:23 AM

1,743 posts, read 3,794,549 times
If he's been there since it broke ground, I bet he can't wait to get out. That place is a salesperson's death sentence.

Old 01-26-2019, 02:44 PM

18 posts, read 53,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_guerrajr View Post
I think that whole strip of 99 will develop over the next few years really well.
You have Bridgeland expanding, Fedex built out a site, and closer to I-10 the expansion is crazy.
I'd recommend going to talk to Danny from Highland homes, he's been there before it even broke ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston321 View Post
If he's been there since it broke ground, I bet he can't wait to get out. That place is a salesperson's death sentence.

Danny from Highland homes works at Bridgeland Now.

Old 01-26-2019, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea922 View Post
Any updates to this thread?? My husband and I are looking to build in Elyson. First time home buyers. No kids, yet. Looking for this to be our home for 10+ years at least. He works in the energy corridor, I have family in Tomball and Kingwood area. Access to 99 is ideal for us going both ways. Not sure how Elyson is now being compared to other neighborhoods/developments. Have you heard good things? Not good things??

I almost sign the contact at Elyson. Now I kind of glad that I didn't.
The reason I gave up Elyson.

1. Too many piggy-back pocket cheaper community being build around Elyson.
2. 2 of the 70s builder pulling out from Elyson, 40s,45s coming in.
3. Toll road everyday.
4. Tax rate

We dont have kids and we dont care about the community amenities. so we went to a small cheap community with a builder that we love.

if you looking for a master planed community with good school :Cane island, Bridge land, Jordan ranch

Im no expert at any means, just my 0.02

Old 01-26-2019, 03:27 PM

234 posts, read 418,785 times
Shinjuku get your facts straight. One 70 lot builder “pulled out”, Trendmaker. The other, Darling Homes, has not pulled out of Elyson. Lastly the tax rate is 3.75% in Elyson, about the same as Cane Island and not much greater than South Katy’s avg rate of 3.2% or 3.3% coupled with Fort Bends high appraisals so I bet for the same square footage one is paying in Cinco Northwest and Cane Island, their tax bill is the same if not greater than Elysons.

Old 01-26-2019, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96tahoe View Post
Shinjuku get your facts straight. One 70 lot builder “pulled out”, Trendmaker. The other, Darling Homes, has not pulled out of Elyson. Lastly the tax rate is 3.75% in Elyson, about the same as Cane Island and not much greater than South Katy’s avg rate of 3.2% or 3.3% coupled with Fort Bends high appraisals so I bet for the same square footage one is paying in Cinco Northwest and Cane Island, their tax bill is the same if not greater than Elysons.
oh, ok
correction !!!

One of the 70 builder and one of 50or60 builder is pulling out from Elyson.

I understand that you love Elyson because you live there. but there is no need to get defensive.

Old 01-26-2019, 04:30 PM

1,743 posts, read 3,794,549 times
Darling has to be dying....I think they sold 4 homes in there last year.

Old 01-26-2019, 05:32 PM

234 posts, read 418,785 times
Ya I live there Shinjuku and looks as if you signed a contract at Willow Creek Farms. Don’t forget to buy flood insurance. Trolls like you post false information that can be misinforming to other people.

Last edited by 96tahoe; 01-26-2019 at 06:02 PM..

Old 01-26-2019, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96tahoe View Post
Ya I live there Shinjuku and looks as if you signed a contract at Willow Creek Farms. Don’t forget to buy flood insurance. Trolls like you post false information that can be misinforming to other people.
you are a really funny guy! sir! you made my day!

Old 01-27-2019, 12:28 AM

169 posts, read 157,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_guerrajr View Post
It will never be a Beltway 8 considering how far out and desolate the majority of that area is. And honestly there is just really nothing desirable or attractive about it. Having to use the toll roads everyday would be a real PITA unless your driving on some back@ss country road for 25 minutes just to get to a major freeway

Last edited by Synott; 01-27-2019 at 12:48 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston