Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 06:50 AM

2 posts, read 1,952 times

Advertisements

Can you believe our neighborhood board members of Hillshire Lakes. King Property Management, InTown Homes - Houston are requiring us to garage our daily driver truck I use for work or store it. Unfortunately, it doesn't fit in the garage !! - yes, even if it's empty ! Any ideas on how to get a ride to and from storage morning and night? Other options? Can they do this? The deed restrictions to prohibit street parking. The board has the ability to make case by case exceptions. They decided not to make an exception. hmmm. Maybe they don't like trucks. It's even nice, shiny, new looking. Help me out here friends, what can I do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2016, 07:27 AM

872 posts, read 827,833 times
If it is in the deed restrictions, they can do it. You state you use the truck for work. Does this truck have logos?

Last edited by Tassy001; 03-18-2016 at 08:49 AM..

Old 03-18-2016, 07:59 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,289,364 times
Move?

Are your streets public, or private? If they're public, park on the street. So long as you are complying with city bylaws regarding parking, and are parked on public property, there's not much the HOA can do.

Old 03-18-2016, 08:27 AM

15,431 posts, read 7,487,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Move?

Are your streets public, or private? If they're public, park on the street. So long as you are complying with city bylaws regarding parking, and are parked on public property, there's not much the HOA can do.
The HOA can stop property owners (and, I think, their renters) from parking on the streets, they agreed to that when they bought the property. An HOA can't do much about a non-property owner parking on the street, since they didn't agree to the deed restrictions and aren't bound by them.

Old 03-18-2016, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
The HOA can stop property owners (and, I think, their renters) from parking on the streets, they agreed to that when they bought the property. An HOA can't do much about a non-property owner parking on the street, since they didn't agree to the deed restrictions and aren't bound by them.
A company truck would probably, technically, be a non-property owner, as the registered owner would be the company.

Old 03-18-2016, 11:14 AM

2,052 posts, read 5,872,503 times
Private gated community, so they made the rules you agreed to when buying or moving into the community. You have a few options, but none you will like. Buy a smaller truck that fits in the garage, park the truck outside the community, enlarge the garage to fit the truck if possible, or move. It stinks, but those are the rules everyone has to obey since they all agreed on it.

I guess you could buy an old cheap junk car to drive to the storage area where your truck is and park that in the driveway. As long as there is another car in the garage that is OK according to the rules.

Hilshire Lakes - King Property Management

Good luck!

Old 03-18-2016, 11:21 AM

23,976 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Every subdivision with deed restrictions that I have ever heard of says no commercial vehicles, period.

The county can always come out and post no parking signs. That just happened a street not far from me. The truckers were using a public street for a parking lot. The nearby residents complained and next I knew, no parking signs.

Old 03-18-2016, 11:25 AM

1,514 posts, read 1,792,570 times
Could you use the guest parking area?

HOA for our condo rental unit has a similar restriction, and for awhile we had more cars than could fit in our dedicated parking. Extra cars were parked in the visitor lot for months (but moved/used at least every other day), HOA didn't complain.

Old 03-18-2016, 02:56 PM

According to your parking rules, if the garage is occupied by another vehicle you can park in the driveway. Although you're boned if your truck is larger than 3/4 ton, as Section 7.03.1 covers that off.

Old 03-18-2016, 03:21 PM

1,743 posts, read 3,820,900 times
Every HOA I have ever been a part of also did not allow commercial vehicles, unless they can be garaged. No surprise here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: