Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 09:38 PM

268 posts, read 1,484,136 times

Advertisements

In the $90K-130K range, it's going to be difficult to find something in Cinco Ranch for that price. Perhaps a home that needs some updating, repairs, or foreclosure will be a good deal though -- you never know.

When we looked at available houses in Cinco Ranch in August 2007, the least expensive options were the 3 br 2 story townhomes for $134K but the 1st floor was quite small -- I think just a kitchen, 1/2 bath, and living room. Upstairs there was an office area/playroom area besides the bedroom and bathrooms.

I agree with the other poster that the sections of Cinco Ranch that are very close to 1093 are quite noisy and that's why those houses are less expensive. You may be able to get a good deal though if the noise isn't an issue for you -- even other homes farther away but facing other busy streets were noisy too.

This is just an FYI: When you pull up homes for Cinco Ranch on har.com, homes in Cinco Ranch Canyon Gate will be included but those are not part of Cinco Ranch.

With your husband's job in Rosenberg, those homes in Cinco Ranch near 1093 are at least on the "right" side of Cinco Ranch (that is, the south side) so that's a plus for him.

You can find out what schools any subdivision in Katy is zoned to by looking at the KISD web site but don't forget that zoning keeps changing because Katy is still growing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 05:52 AM

967 posts, read 2,595,354 times
Hickory creek is also a nice hidden gem. It is an older neighborhood (80's-90's) tucked into present day Seven Meadows. In fact the Seven Meadow "Central Park" is closer to most Hickory Creek Residents than Seven Meadows residents. Homes are around $120k... unheard of in this area

Along 1093 (Gaston, I think) you will see a Seven Meadows entrance sign, right next to it is the Hickory Creek sign.

This year they go to Griffin Elem, next year they will go to a new school zoned just for Seven Meadows (and Hickory Creek!) students, built right in the 7 meadow neighborhood. Highly doubtful to be rezoned out of that.

Old 02-14-2008, 07:09 AM
cla

898 posts, read 3,293,785 times
I agree about Hickory Creek. My mother is moving here and that is one of the subdivisions I recommended to her - older, affordable homes right in the middle of one of the best areas of Katy. And its proximity to 1093 and 99 will make for an easier commute to Rosenberg.

Last edited by cla; 02-14-2008 at 07:20 AM..

Old 02-14-2008, 10:46 AM

182 posts, read 699,537 times
Peggy wrote:

"We found an apartment at Vineyard appartments. Is this a nice and safe area to live in?"

We were at the Vineyards from July - December while our home was built. Our place was large, for a 1 bedroom and we had an attached garage. It was clean and the main reason we rented there was because we have a dog. It was quiet and we felt secure.

Now with that said . . . a warning about the grounds.

There are a lot of dogs and a lot of owners who do not clean up after their dogs. It was so disgusting. That is the only complaint I have about the complex. It was bad enough that I would have to constantly watch out where we were walking our dog, but I saw so many kids running around in the grass and playing with no shoes . . . and oh my how unhealthy and unsanitary. We didnt even let our dog hang out in the grassy areas because she would itch and scratch from all the bacteria and germs

Just wanted to make you aware of that because apparently a lot of parents there dont realize it.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:01 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,393,001 times
Smile Stay South Of The I-10

I just went through the same thing. I decided that its best to stay south of the I-10. the schools tend to be better and you can still get a pretty good house for 100-130k. I recommend either Memorial Parkway or if you can Nottingham country. These are a bit older subdivisions from the 70's but both are close to all the amenities and the freeways, both have great schools and are surrounded by upscale and million dollar subdivisions. Also the taxes and association fees will be a lot lower than cinco ranch. Believe me you want to stay on the lower end of your price range because a lot of things here are more expensive than other places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston