Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2016, 03:37 PM

1 posts, read 575 times

Advertisements

I'm currently visiting family in Lakemont Richmond Tx and was thinking of going around downtown Houston since there is not much to see here.

Are there any public transportation options that I can use to travel between Lakemont and Downtown? I do not have a car here so I'm forced to use public transpo (except uber it cost $50 one-way) to go around.

Been searching for a while and cant find any concrete answer to my problem.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2016, 10:35 PM

5,586 posts, read 4,876,248 times
I'm sorry to tell you that public transport where you are, in Fort Bend County, is quite limited, as our main transit agency (METRO) does not serve it.

Your only hope is to use the commuter services provided by Fort Bend County to the Uptown / Galleria or Texas Medical Center, from where you can take the 82 bus (from Uptown) or Red Line light rail (from TMC) toward Downtown. Or, to the West Bellfort METRO Park and Ride where you can take METRO's commuter buses to Downtown. Or, as a last resort, find some way to get to the West Oaks Mall area where you can take the METRO 82 all the way into the center of town (a LONG trip).

This means (1) you'll have to find transportation to one of Fort Bend's Park and Ride lots early in the morning and (2) basically stay all day in Houston but make sure to schedule yourself to catch your appropriate ride back to the Fort Bend Park and Ride lot during the pm commute - in other words, stay all day in Houston.

Find info here:

Fort Bend County, TX : Commuter Park and Ride Services
METRO Home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston