Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 03:12 PM

5,612 posts, read 4,933,753 times

Advertisements

I don't really care about comparing Sharpstown to Willowbend or wherever on specific commute times. I think it's fair to say that for the current home price level and house/lot quality, Sharpstown offers a reasonable commute to several major white-collar job centers plus fairly quick trip to urban fun stuff during leisure time. That will be its greatest asset over time and why it will eventually see higher prices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2016, 05:05 PM
bu2

24,070 posts, read 14,866,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philopower View Post
Perhaps you can be in the medical center in 10 minutes but there's no way you'll be downtown in 20 during rush hour. Stop lying to yourself. Sharpstown is doable in that time frame because of the hov/toll lane on 59 though I do concede without this feature, getting downtown would take just as long as from willobend.
From 610 at Post Oak its pretty consistently 20 minutes to downtown. Now that doesn't include parking and walking to your office. And it takes longer in the afternoon. But morning, yes.

Old 07-14-2016, 05:08 PM
bu2

24,070 posts, read 14,866,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalPlanner View Post
I don't really care about comparing Sharpstown to Willowbend or wherever on specific commute times. I think it's fair to say that for the current home price level and house/lot quality, Sharpstown offers a reasonable commute to several major white-collar job centers plus fairly quick trip to urban fun stuff during leisure time. That will be its greatest asset over time and why it will eventually see higher prices.
Most of Westbury is easier than most of Sharpstown, but Sharpstown is just a little northwest of Westbury and doesn't take that much longer. So that is what gives it potential for gentrification.

Old 07-15-2016, 05:34 AM

914 posts, read 1,832,042 times
HBU is really trying to upgrade the area immediately around the campus. Perhaps this will kick start some gentrification.

Old 07-15-2016, 08:22 AM

6,288 posts, read 7,494,183 times
You're also using the most convenient location of Westbury comparing to a more central location of Sharpstown. I don't want to rehash the whole thread but I will say there are sections of Shrapstown that are more convenient to at least the Galleria, than Westbury. Perhaps we should use parts of Sharpstown closer to Westpark as comparisons...

Old 07-15-2016, 09:22 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,730,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
You're also using the most convenient location of Westbury comparing to a more central location of Sharpstown. I don't want to rehash the whole thread but I will say there are sections of Shrapstown that are more convenient to at least the Galleria, than Westbury. Perhaps we should use parts of Sharpstown closer to Westpark as comparisons...
I compared Willowbend, not Westbury. Big difference.

If I was going to go to the closest area of Willowbend, I would have used Stella Link and 610.

Old 07-15-2016, 09:32 AM

24 posts, read 42,092 times
Willowbend is more than 16 minutes to Westchase, Memorial, and the Energy Corridor. That is unacceptable...Willowbend is not centrally located.

Sharpstown has a much shorter to commute to all of these employment centers!

Old 07-15-2016, 11:04 AM

6,288 posts, read 7,494,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
I compared Willowbend, not Westbury. Big difference.

If I was going to go to the closest area of Willowbend, I would have used Stella Link and 610.
True but the intersection of Willowbend Blvd and South Post Oak Rd. is common to both Willow Meadows/Willowbend & Westbury.

Old 07-15-2016, 11:26 AM

1,658 posts, read 1,240,847 times
What's with these Westbury and Willowbend shills here? Although the locations are pretty good those neighborhoods are nowhere as nice as the shills here claim they are. And willowbend is adjacent to and downwind from the Cemex plant. Not to mention a stones throw from some bad areas.

Old 07-15-2016, 01:00 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,067,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detachable arm View Post
What's with these Westbury and Willowbend shills here? Although the locations are pretty good those neighborhoods are nowhere as nice as the shills here claim they are. And willowbend is adjacent to and downwind from the Cemex plant. Not to mention a stones throw from some bad areas.
I think times have changed to the point where parts of Westbury are doing fairly well but it depends on where you are.

US90A is kind of a barrier between Willowbend and the Hiram Clarke stuff. (I think Cemex is also on the other side of 90A)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston