Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2016, 03:17 PM

23 posts, read 32,511 times

Advertisements

I dont want to hijack the other water softener thread...

On the house that i built i told the builder to put a loop so i can hook up the water softener and in did he put a loop on the garage on the water line coming to the house. I just bought a water softener and installed it and it has been working like a charm. no white stuff on the shower head.

So my question is, how do they install it when there is no preparation for water softener? how do they fish or look for the main line coming in inside the dry wall?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2016, 04:25 PM

2,016 posts, read 3,520,927 times
I suppose they knock a hole in the drywall where the water main is, and hopefully it's located somewhere like a utility room or garage that has room to install the softener. My house has a detached garage on the opposite side of my water main, so I had my softener installed outside on my A/C pad between the two units. The installer dug trenches for the pipes going to the main so it's all below ground till it goes vertical at my A/C pad to feed into the softener.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston