Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2016, 04:00 PM

130 posts, read 134,964 times

Advertisements

The husband and I will be celebrating our 9-year anniversary soon. The plan earlier this year was to fly to New York. Well it won't work anymore because 1.) he could only get one day off, lol 2.) We're gonna have lots of expenses in the next few months (close on a house before october, son's bday in october, out of the country trip in november, and of course the holidays). So we will just stay in Houston I guess... or maybe go to Dallas or San Antonio.

Any nice place in town or within Texas we can go to or ideas of what we can do? We're not looking for anything too fancy at all, and we're not fancy/extravagant/rich people in the first place. Our past celebrations included dinner cruise around a bay in Florida, cabin stay in South Dakota, a dinner in a restaurant up in the mountains in Utah, a trip to Canada, and there was also a year we just ate at Cheesecake Factory when we were very broke haha. We'd like something different this year but won't mind doing something like a dinner cruise again. We would also really like to eat somewhere nice but not too expensive.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2016, 05:19 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,856,591 times
A dinner cruise on the bay would be nice. I would look into what Clear Lake has to offer.

Old 08-09-2016, 05:58 PM

967 posts, read 2,610,050 times
If your anniversary is before Sept 5 check out the participating restaurants of Houston Restaurant Weeks

Welcome to Houston Restaurant Weeks 2016 | Houston Restaurant Weeks 2016

Our anniversary is in August, and we always pick something on the list that we couldn't otherwise afford to try.

We went to Brennan's this year.

Old 08-09-2016, 10:05 PM

277 posts, read 304,906 times
Happy Anniversary! Love the Food Bank option! But I looked at the list and it's extensive, we have lived here two weeks and have no clue where to find a great steak. Prefer to go to a restaurant unique to Houston...our 24th anniversary is in 2 weeks so we will definitely do the food bank option!

Old 08-09-2016, 10:34 PM

569 posts, read 1,078,719 times
My vote :-): Americas River Oaks or Brennan's

Old 08-09-2016, 11:23 PM

102 posts, read 131,996 times
Brennan's is a good rec. I'm still disappointed that Mark's closed.

Old 08-10-2016, 05:55 AM

186 posts, read 209,230 times
My husband and I love the hill country. We got married out there. We go on weekend trips over there whenever we can and always have a good time. Enjoying the River Walk in San Antonio, exploring in Austin. There's also a bunch of cute little small towns out there that can be fun to explore. Maybe stay at either a nice hotel or resort, or rent a cabin. That would be a good option if getting out of state for something more fancy isn't doable.

There are some really great restaurants here in Houston for just a really nice dinner too. Some that we've tried that come to mind are Masraff's, Brennan's, Uchi (if you're wanting something a little different from a steak or seafood - one of our favorites)... even Taste of Texas, being a little less fancy, is good for a good Texas steak experience.

ETA: Oh! And I totally forgot we recently tried these two restaurants and really enjoyed them. Pass & Provisions (the Provisions side). A little less fancy but great food and the service was absolutely fantastic. The whole staff was on point. Also, a tiny little place called Oxheart. A little different, but very good. If you're into good foodie options.

Last edited by jenfarm_; 08-10-2016 at 06:08 AM..

Old 08-10-2016, 06:36 PM

112 posts, read 146,942 times
Masraff's

Old 08-10-2016, 06:42 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,915,413 times
Underbelly on Westheimer

Underbelly Houston | Underbelly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston