Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2021, 10:25 AM

2 posts, read 3,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugLandDAd View Post
The important thing to remember about Texas School Districts is that they typically follow boundaries set up inside the county, and not municipal or city lines. This means that in the City of Sugar Land you could be in either one of two different districts. You have to check the actual house you want to buy to see which district it is zoned to.

The quality of schools also varies tremendously across individual districts. While Katy is probably the most consistent ISD, you really have to check the quality of the individual schools within a district that any house is zoned to.

They have a variety of different programs and levels of inclusion across different school districts, they are not uniform, you have to research each one.

Heads up on FBISD, the quality of Special Ed services has tanked in the last 2 years, and I don't see anything about to change the direction coming any time soon.

A Good place to start is with the local ARCs... they are non profits that help people with disabilities. They can offer advice and resources in dealing with schools.

https://arcoffortbend.org/
https://www.thearcofkaty.org/
https://www.aogh.org/
Thank you for all the information you gave me .
I got in touch with a lot of Districts but nobody is willing to recommend me a good District or school for my son . I feel I am going in circle everybody sending me to a different District to ask for info , is such a big deal in Huston to tell a parent with a disable child what school can meet his needs ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2021, 11:13 AM

694 posts, read 835,366 times
Where is it you are going to work? Houston is a very large city, and its not possible to live anywhere and commute to everywhere...... Most of us are constrained by the need to commute to work, and this narrows down where you look for schools. Where will you be working?

Old 10-29-2021, 10:39 PM

660 posts, read 1,616,259 times
You definitely want a school district with a lot budget so they can afford all the SPED help your child needs.

You can't go wrong with Katy ISD in the Cinco Ranch area (South of I-10, West of 99). I know of someone who's child goes to SPED and he thinks Katy ISD is really great. Katy ISD is great not only for SPED but for everything school related.

Old 12-02-2021, 06:01 PM

5 posts, read 3,015 times
Hello - we are planning to move to Houston from NJ next school year. My son goes to a main steam school but gets pulled out for ELA and math into a resource room. He also has an aide at school. Apart from that he doesn't get much from school. We were thinking of moving to sugarland / fort bend school district? We want to be in an indian community (no judgements please - we are in district were we are the only Indians so we want some socialization) Is it a safe district to move. Any guidance will be super helpful

Old 12-04-2021, 12:36 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,907,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allout6 View Post
Hello - w,e are planning to move to Houston from NJ next school year. My son goes to a main steam school but gets pulled out for ELA and math into a resource room. He also has an aide at school. Apart from that he doesn't get much from school. We were thinking of moving to sugarland / fort bend school district? We want to be in an indian community (no judgements please - we are in district were we are the only Indians so we want some socialization) Is it a safe district to move. Any guidance will be super helpful
What age, grade is your son.

Information about the schools in Sugarland can be found here: https://www.niche.com/k12/search/bes...-fort-bend-tx/

You may want to ask here: https://www.sugarland.com/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston