Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2008, 08:17 PM

8 posts, read 29,820 times

Advertisements

Im considering purchasing a home in Quail Valley later this year,does anyone have any thoughts on the impact on property values if the country club is taken by the city and becomes a municiple course?Any insight would be appreciated.Thanx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2008, 10:03 PM

182 posts, read 768,570 times
Well it's pretty simple really. Home values will remain up, but the costs will need to be passed along in the form of higher property taxes. If they don't, and the operators walk away and let the course go "wild", property values will certainly go down. It's pretty much a lose-lose situation, if you ask me.

Old 02-23-2008, 01:22 PM

208 posts, read 552,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geturmotorunin View Post
Im considering purchasing a home in Quail Valley later this year,does anyone have any thoughts on the impact on property values if the country club is taken by the city and becomes a municiple course?Any insight would be appreciated.Thanx
You may want to consider the schools in Missouri City when buying a home.

Old 02-24-2008, 09:33 PM

8 posts, read 65,620 times
I would be a bit cautious before buying a home in Quail Valley. The Elementary and Junior High School are not rated very high, plus the issue of the city and the golf course make it very difficult to sell your home. If I was looking to move/sell before 5 years I would not buy there.

Old 02-27-2008, 06:38 PM

8 posts, read 29,820 times
Thanx for the comments.I will be cautious,my fiance' is really drawn to the area especially the la quinta and glenn lakes subdivisions,there are some very nice and affordable homes in the area and we will most likely stay for 10 plus years.The problems with the golf course do concern me however so if you could pass along any info that comes ur way it would be greatly appreciated!!!

Old 03-27-2008, 09:18 AM

1 posts, read 6,848 times
Default Quail Valley Homes

Quail Valley is still beautiful, there is a home for sale on the lake on Bermuda Dunes Dr. All of those homes on that lake will remain on the lake as most of the property owners own some of the reserve and they are the main drainage system for the city and partly used for the county, so that area is safe. The city will obtain the golf course, renovate the club house and the Quail Valley community will continue to thrive. Get in while you can, because once this happens it will no longer be affordable. Good Luck

Old 03-27-2008, 10:07 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,556,380 times
I read something about this being over the owners of the course wanting to sell it to a developer who was going to close it and turn the land into tract housing, and that's what everyone was up in arms over. This was also done through eminent domain which is also a little disturbing if you ask me. Every time a government does something like that they set a precedent that makes it easier for them to take "your" property and do whatever they want with it.

Missouri City to use imminent domain to take over Quail Valley Golf Course | LOCAL NEWS | KHOU.com | News for Houston, Texas (http://www.khou.com/news/local/stories/khou080326_tnt_quailvalley.309bdcf.html?npc - broken link)

Here's the story from KHOU I read....I know it might not be the truth....besides, it's "eminent" and not "imminent."

Last edited by jfre81; 03-27-2008 at 10:11 AM.. Reason: adding link

Old 03-27-2008, 12:51 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,841,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodiff View Post
I would be a bit cautious before buying a home in Quail Valley. The Elementary and Junior High School are not rated very high....
The junior high (Quail Valley Middle) is getting turned into a "gifted & talented" school, so its ratings will be changing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: