Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 06:58 AM

270 posts, read 478,241 times

Advertisements

Someone in TW must have run over someones dog or something.

There's snobby people everywhere. Houston,River Oaks,Champions,Sugarland,Kingwood,Cypress,Cinco Ranch.

I'm also smart enough to know everyone who lives in those places aren't rich ( Ok...except River Oaks maybe ). Alot aren't snobby, and most of all I don't care because I don't know them.

Unless they're doing something that affects me directly...I can care less about snobby people no matter where they live. I don't go to socials or black and white cocktails,own a 100-ft boat, or private Jet. I'm just joe schmoe worker. But...I must be snobby because I live where I live.

SMH.

Last edited by BCEagles01; 03-02-2012 at 07:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2013, 10:17 PM

1 posts, read 3,020 times
woodlands... i live in kingwood,planning to buy a house in the wooodlands. does anyone know if the new villages are worth moving into.... from kingwood. heard most of the new woodland homes are either 'spring or tomball'. any info on creekside forest;north spincaster/timarron. thanks

Old 02-27-2013, 04:50 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,365,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
This made me cringe. I guess you would prefer a world in which everyone thinks exactly like you do? Just to ensure no diversity of thought whatsoever?

That would be fine except liberals get butthurt if you dont agree with them.
for example,
conservatives, you dont want a gun, dont buy a gun.
Liberial, I dont like guns, therefore NO ONE SHOULD HAVE A GUN. OUTLAW ALL GUNS. AAAAAAAAAAHHHH, GUNS ARE EVIL, ONLY STUPID PEOPLE WITH LITTLE PEE PEES HAVE GUNS AAAHHHHHH.

see the difference ?

Ive lived in the woodlands, I still go up there to shop, bike and train.
personally, Id suggest Magnolia or some of the areas around FM1488/2978 also.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:01 AM

342 posts, read 802,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laoty View Post
woodlands... i live in kingwood,planning to buy a house in the wooodlands. does anyone know if the new villages are worth moving into.... from kingwood. heard most of the new woodland homes are either 'spring or tomball'. any info on creekside forest;north spincaster/timarron. thanks
Creekside Park is where I would move to, but if you like those 3-4 story house, they are building new ones in Grogan's Mill. I pick CP, only if the build the Grand Parkway. Regardless, it is getting crowded at CP. I noticed that on my dawn weekend bike rides recently, there are a lot more cars on Gosling than 3-4 years ago.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:20 AM

1,232 posts, read 1,901,648 times
If you are planning to move to Creekside, I would just be sure to talk to a real estate person to understand what the full build-out will look like. In fact, if you see any significant wooded/open areas left in The Woodlands - - I would question the eventual use. Some of the more established areas have seen new or expanded roads where they once had privacy. The lake view from Woodlands Parkway is a reminder on how they keep buidling where there were once trees; and there is a bunch more planned. Still better than most areas, but the recent growth has not all been good for existing residents.... Choose carefully.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:30 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,490,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
for example,
Liberial, I dont like guns, therefore NO ONE SHOULD HAVE A GUN. OUTLAW ALL GUNS. AAAAAAAAAAHHHH, GUNS ARE EVIL, ONLY STUPID PEOPLE WITH LITTLE PEE PEES HAVE GUNS AAAHHHHHH.

see the difference ?

Ive lived in the woodlands, I still go up there to shop, bike and train.
personally, Id suggest Magnolia or some of the areas around FM1488/2978 also.

Ahhhhh. I just spit put my coffee. lol

Old 02-27-2013, 07:42 AM

2,086 posts, read 4,130,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
for example,

see the difference ?
Or, to put it another way...

Conservatives - reasonable people with love in their hearts and a true sense of community.
Liberals - wild eyed maniacs bent on destroying all we know and love for the sake of ideology.

Yep, that's my take on politics in the USA too.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:32 PM

18,129 posts, read 25,275,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDFP View Post
Or, to put it another way...

Conservatives - reasonable people with love in their hearts and a true sense of community.
Liberals - wild eyed maniacs bent on destroying all we know and love for the sake of ideology.

Yep, that's my take on politics in the USA too.
Have you thanked a liberal today for your 40 hour work week with weekends off?
Yes, liberals gave us that.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:34 PM

18,129 posts, read 25,275,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_ut View Post
When I was in high school back in the 90s we were on a 6.0 system. 4.0 was the highest you could get taking general classes then then next tier was advanced which got you to a 5.0 then the top was Honors/AP which got you to 6.0. I believe they converted it back to an equivalent 4.0 scale for transcripts.
I always thought it was funny when I came to the US
in Venezuela anybody that got 18/20 (same as 3.6/4.0) was considered a genius, because anything above that was pretty much impossible.
Anybody that got 3.8 or above, could teach the class without using any notes or books.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:13 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,031,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Have you thanked a liberal today for your 40 hour work week with weekends off?
Yes, liberals gave us that.
I know I didn't, I was too busy working my 40 hour work week to pay enough taxes to cover all of their wasteful entitlement programs and pet projects.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston