Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 04:27 AM

32,809 posts, read 12,091,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
That s... is so confusing,
There's places all the way up in The Woodlands that have Spring, TX address

Panther Creek Post office on Woodlands Parkway and Gosling has this address
10800 Gosling Rd, Spring, TX 7738

Same goes for Galatas Elementary School
9001 Cochrans Crossing Dr, Spring, TX

And The Woodlands Country Club Palmer Course
100 Grand Fairway, Spring, TX
This reinforces one of the points of my longer post up thread.

'The Woodlands', from what a former Postmaster at the Klein Post Office in Spring (7717 Louetta Rd - between Klein HS and the intersection with Champion Forest) told me 'The Woodlands' is not a USPS designation, that all of the Montgomery County parts of The Woodlands (within township map boundaries) have (for USPS purposes) mostly Spring, and then some Conroe and some Magnolia addresses....and for the Creekside Park (Harris County) part of The Woodlands, the USPS address designations are mostly Spring, and some Tomball. IME, after the Postmaster gave me this information, it has always panned out.

It is also my understanding that as long as the zip code, street, and address number are correct, that using 'The Woodlands' as the 'USPS city designation' rather than the correct Spring, Conroe, Tomball, etc. designation for locations WITHIN The Woodlands will work....USPS will still deliver that mail properly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2016, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
Do any of these areas in Aldine and Humble ISDs have "Spring, Texas" postal addresses?
My exact first thought as well when I read the post you are replying to. My understanding is no. IME, east of I-45, south of Cypress Creek, and north of FM 1960 are all Houston and then Humble postal addresses, not Spring. My understanding is the dividing line is Cypress Creek. For instance the postal address of the CVS at Aldine Westfield and Hirschfeld (just north of Cypress Creek, a stones throw from the HEB) has a Spring postal address, and the Mercer Arboretum and Botanical Gardens on the southern 'bank' of Cypress Creek has a Humble postal address. On the west side of I-45, the same...Spring addresses north of Cypress Creek, with Houston addresses south of Cypress Creek..at least until the point where Cypress Creek goes north of Cypresswood Dr. After that point, Cypresswood Drive is the dividing line. South of FM 1960...Houston postal addresses....IIRC, all the way from IAH to Willowbrook Mall (at least).

Quote:
Baldwin Boettcher Branch Library AFAIK is in Aldine ISD and is thought of as in the Spring area but I think it has an "Humble, Texas" address (it is in Mercer Park in an unincorporated area, as in it's not actually in the City of Humble).
Yep. See above.

Quote:
Speaking of things, the U.S. government defined a "Spring, Texas" census-designated place but only Spring ISD areas are in the CDP. Anything in Klein and Conroe ISDs are outside this CDP.
Yep. That is why I mentioned 'Old Town Spring' at the beginning of my first post.

Quote:
Spring ISD has been having demographic pains with low income residents increasingly moving into apartments, and I heard Spring High School and its feeder middle schools are being affected by that now.
My understanding as well.

Old 12-13-2016, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
CDPs are used for gathering statistics on the population, etc.

This page lists the four map files from the Census Bureau: Index of /geo/maps/dc10map/GUBlock/st48_tx/place/p4869596_spring

All the guys living in Klein ISD and Conroe ISD are not included in the official federal statistics of the population of Spring, Texas.
Interesting.

When I think of most of the Klein ISD area (which is of course outside the CDP) and the Spring ISD area west of I-45, I think of the original dinky (population wise) largely farming communities (Louetta, Klein, Kohrville, Westfield, Bammel, etc) and I wonder if at some point the powers that be at USPS felt it would be unnecessarily cumbersome to have separate postal 'city' designations for all of them, so they just decided to assign large different swaths Spring, Houston, and Tomball postal addresses and then 'call it a day', so to speak.

Old 12-13-2016, 01:25 PM

18,039 posts, read 25,055,259 times
West Side of Spring seems to be a "no man's land"

Old 12-13-2016, 01:40 PM

153 posts, read 143,106 times
I used to live in the very back of The Woodlands which is pretty much Magnolia and I had a "Spring" address.

Old 12-13-2016, 04:49 PM

4,874 posts, read 10,007,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
When I think of most of the Klein ISD area (which is of course outside the CDP) and the Spring ISD area west of I-45, I think of the original dinky (population wise) largely farming communities (Louetta, Klein, Kohrville, Westfield, Bammel, etc) and I wonder if at some point the powers that be at USPS felt it would be unnecessarily cumbersome to have separate postal 'city' designations for all of them, so they just decided to assign large different swaths Spring, Houston, and Tomball postal addresses and then 'call it a day', so to speak.
I think that's what happened. USPS postal designations often don't reflect the actual cities.

Old 12-13-2016, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Built View Post
I used to live in the very back of The Woodlands which is pretty much Magnolia and I had a "Spring" address.
Very interesting. I thought a small part of the NW corner of The Woodlands (in other words some part that is the closer 'stone's throw wise' to the corner of FM 1488 and FM 2978 than other parts of The Woodlands) had Magnolia postal addresses. Perhaps not. I'm assuming you lived north of Woodlands Parkway?

P.S. I don't know anyone who lives in that area ^^^^^, so I don't have any personal experience re the postal addresses.

Last edited by RMESMH; 12-13-2016 at 08:46 PM.. Reason: Added P.S.

Old 12-14-2016, 08:21 AM

18,039 posts, read 25,055,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Very interesting. I thought a small part of the NW corner of The Woodlands (in other words some part that is the closer 'stone's throw wise' to the corner of FM 1488 and FM 2978 than other parts of The Woodlands) had Magnolia postal addresses. Perhaps not. I'm assuming you lived north of Woodlands Parkway?

P.S. I don't know anyone who lives in that area ^^^^^, so I don't have any personal experience re the postal addresses.
I'll give you another one,
technically, there's no Walmarts in The Woodlands
they are in Magnolia, Spring and Conroe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston