Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 11:06 PM

318 posts, read 337,832 times

Advertisements

OLD pearland, but newer home close to the new HEB
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2016, 04:02 AM

2 posts, read 2,049 times
Woodlands is great. HEB's within 5-10 minutes no matter which village you live in, beautiful views, great walking paths through the trees, beautiful city center + waterway, and very good schools.

Old 12-15-2016, 08:33 PM

10 posts, read 9,070 times
Awesome thanks again guys!

Old 12-16-2016, 11:00 AM

156 posts, read 154,769 times
You could also check League City if commute is not an issue for you. Tuscan Lakes is pretty nice MPC, not great views though but within in your budget, really good schools and close to everything you would need.

Old 12-16-2016, 04:31 PM

277 posts, read 305,024 times
We moved here in August, researched loads...we ended up in Cypress and love it. Our community has lots of sidewalks to walk and mini-lakes scattered throughout I love living up in this area, my dh works from home and he says this is his favorite home (not mine, I miss my horses and land back in our hold state)...loads of conveniences. Homes in your price range and specs between 249 and 290 north of Spring Cypress...I like the area closer to 249 because 290 is a mess right now, but will improve in five or so years.

Old 12-20-2016, 06:38 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rozale.scout View Post
Awesome guys thanks! I'll take a look at Bridgeland and the cypress area. As well as peatland. So as far as scenery goes The woodlands has tons of trees I hear, are there any other locations that are heavily wooded?

Also the Houston tax rates seem crazy! >3%! Any suburbs with significantly lower property tax rates? I'm coming from San Antonio, and I thought 2.75% was ridiculous.

Thanks again for all your feedback in really do appreciate it.
Kinda laughed when I read that...

We have no income taxes...they are going to get tax money one way or another. Here... it's property taxes.

Old 12-20-2016, 06:55 AM
fnh

2,888 posts, read 3,913,832 times
My understanding is that Cypress-Fairbanks ISD offers the largest homestead exemption at 20% plus $15K. We are in a 20+ year old small MPC inside the beltway and our nominal property tax rate is ~2.7%, but the tax rate falls to ~2.2% with the CFISD homestead exemption. Newer, larger MPCs much further out have tax rates >3% even after homestead exemption is applied.

Old 12-20-2016, 04:52 PM

10 posts, read 9,070 times
Default interesting

Good to know about older communities with lower tax rates... might look at some used homes. As far as taxes go, I just always thought that I would be paying less in taxes in Texas in comparison to say California. My family actually ended up paying more taxes in Texas than we did in California. Of course the home we own here is quite a bit nicer and newer . Its also interesting to see the differences in tax rates around Texas itself, in San Antonio the high end is 2.75%, and that is if you live within the City. The suburbs of San Antonio are all generally less.... 2.24% - 2.5%. Dallas seems to be a bit in between with the Northern burbs hovering around 3.0%. Just an interesting observation...

I took a look at Bridgeland/Cypress area.... did not really like the surroundings there. I did like the South Conroe/Woodlands area, mainly because the abundance of trees and close proximity to a ton of shopping. Any other areas similar to the Woodlands area that you all would recommend checking out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston