Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 03:39 PM

951 posts, read 1,452,647 times

Advertisements

I am looking at FT bend county website. It seems like for every MS there are like 2-3 Elemantary school.

I am not sure why. Also what if I live in a neighborhood with no zoning to MS? How do schools determine where my child goes?

See the link below

Fort Bend Independent School District in Sugar land, TX | GreatSchools

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2016, 03:44 PM

45,380 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterno View Post
I am looking at FT bend county website. It seems like for every MS there are like 2-3 Elemantary school.

I am not sure why. Also what if I live in a neighborhood with no zoning to MS? How do schools determine where my child goes?

See the link below

Fort Bend Independent School District in Sugar land, TX | GreatSchools

That's typically how it's done. Several elementaries feed into a middle school and several middle schools feed into one high school.

Old 12-21-2016, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
That's typically how it's done. Several elementaries feed into a middle school and several middle schools feed into one high school.
but looking at the map there are many areas that MS does not cover

So how do they determine who goes which MS?

Never mind I see now

Interesting all MS under highway 6 have good scores

My intention was to find a neighborhood where ES MS and HS have high scores and buy a house there so that I do not have to move again and again

Is there a website that can let me achieve this?

Old 12-21-2016, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterno View Post
but looking at the map there are many areas that MS does not cover

So how do they determine who goes which MS?
I don't know how they do it there. Call the school your kid attends and ask which MS he'll attend is a way to find out.

Your map doesn't show attend boundaries that I can see.

Old 12-21-2016, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I don't know how they do it there. Call the school your kid attends and ask which MS he'll attend is a way to find out.

Your map doesn't show attend boundaries that I can see.
Thanks will do that

But looking at the maps I can tell high school will be Clements High School

And the MS will be either First Colony or Startia or Fort Settlement

now I need to determine the elementary school.

Old 12-22-2016, 03:11 AM

4,875 posts, read 10,072,540 times
Fort Bend Independent School District posts its attendance boundaries on its website: Attendance Zones / Department Home

Old 12-22-2016, 08:46 AM

19 posts, read 24,247 times
Zillow has a map feature where you can filter by the school zone.

Old 12-22-2016, 09:29 AM

455 posts, read 525,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradee View Post
Zillow has a map feature where you can filter by the school zone.
While useful, you should always go to the source since Zillow, etc may not be current. This is particularly important for districts like FBISD and KISD since they are still growing and re-zoning.

Old 12-22-2016, 10:04 AM

4,875 posts, read 10,072,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic0boom View Post
While useful, you should always go to the source since Zillow, etc may not be current. This is particularly important for districts like FBISD and KISD since they are still growing and re-zoning.
Also always confirm with the campus registrar if it in fact is where you will be assigned. Some schools are capped.

Old 12-22-2016, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
Also always confirm with the campus registrar if it in fact is where you will be assigned. Some schools are capped.
Obviously I live in Maryland but I have to ask about "capping". Does that mean if you live in the attendance area and the school is capped your kid can't go there?

Here the school has to take everyone in the attendance boundary no matter the capacity although, if the school is at maximum, transfers for child care or special programs are suspended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston