Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 07:41 AM

2,441 posts, read 2,522,842 times

Advertisements

Multiple armed robberies of fast food restaurants during one night in Houston. Be careful!

Denny's customer shot during crime spree
Denny's customer shot during crime spree | khou.com

HOUSTON – Police are searching for three armed suspects after they shot a customer at a Denny’s restaurant during a crime spree in west Houston.

According to the Houston Police Department, the shooting happened at 1:45 a.m. at the restaurant located off the Katy Freeway and Wilcrest.

Three suspects with masks drove to the Danny's in a silver colored Cadillac CTS that was stolen around 11 p.m. from Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard and the South Loop.

The armed suspects entered the restaurant held the employees and customers at gun point demanding the cash. They got money from the register and from the safe

Police say when a male customer did not co-operate one of the suspects shot him in the abdomen. The customer was transported to the hospital in serious but stable condition.

Police said these same three suspects robbed the Denny’s at Westheimer and Dunvale prior to hitting the one on Wilcrest. No injuries were reported in that incident.

Then around midnight, they targeted the IHOP at W. Sam Houston Parkway near Westheimer. Police said the suspects robbed that restaurant and shot at a customer. Luckily, the customer was not hit and the suspects fled.

After hitting the Denny’s at Wilcrest, HPD received notice from Sugarland that an IHOP had just been robbed by the same suspects.

Officers are looking for these suspects as they are armed and extremely dangerous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2016, 07:45 AM

18,129 posts, read 25,278,015 times
What happened to the theory of "Pro gun laws stop crime"?

Old 12-28-2016, 07:59 AM

184 posts, read 314,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
That was only a theory in progressives mind. Same as when they say people who want smaller government want no government. We also don't know if anyone there was even armed outside of the suspects.
Nothing can stop all crime. No one claims that. If they do they are being disingenuous.
I'm still trying to figure out how gun free zones are safer.

Old 12-28-2016, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I am not sure if customers are allowed to carry at those fast food restaurants. Many places such as Walmart impose restrictions 'no firearms are allowed'. For that reason I don't have CHL so I don't carry, and this theory is not applicable to me to the full extent. I believe this theory would work better if there are no restrictions like these for law abiding citizens and more people carry on regular basis.

Old 12-28-2016, 09:56 AM

15,424 posts, read 7,477,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Town View Post
I am not sure if customers are allowed to carry at those fast food restaurants. Many places such as Walmart impose restrictions 'no firearms are allowed'. For that reason I don't have CHL so I don't carry, and this theory is not applicable to me to the full extent. I believe this theory would work better if there are no restrictions like these for law abiding citizens and more people carry on regular basis.
It's been a while since I've been to a Denny's, but I don't recall seeing a 30.06 compliant sign at any of their locations. WalMart definitely allows concealed carry, and in most cases, open carry, although open carry may result in being asked if you are licensed.

Old 12-28-2016, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
WalMart definitely allows concealed carry, and in most cases, open carry, although open carry may result in being asked if you are licensed.
Hmm...maybe it depends on particular location. I know for sure it's prohibited at Walmart Supercenter near me.

Old 12-28-2016, 10:13 AM

189 posts, read 224,388 times
Couple weeks ago a young man was killed outside of the IHOP on the SE Gulfgate area.

Old 12-28-2016, 04:13 PM

6,291 posts, read 7,496,381 times
You would think after the second robbery at least there would be a bolo issued and other similar restaurants would be notified. And you would also think that maybe the police would catch on to this pattern a little faster and stake out other Denny's and perhaps catch them in the act ?

Old 12-28-2016, 05:04 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,854,658 times
Why did that one customer not cooperate? I really hope he recovers but as soon as he's released from the hospital his family needs to beat his ass for doing something so foolish.

Old 12-28-2016, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
Why did that one customer not cooperate? I really hope he recovers but as soon as he's released from the hospital his family needs to beat his ass for doing something so foolish.
I heard on a radio that this customer tried to shoot back, but missed. They fired more accurately. I saw some suspicious guys in gang T-shirts practicing at American Shooting Center. Seems they practiced better than that customer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston