Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 09:43 AM

5,976 posts, read 15,282,094 times

Advertisements

I don't get it... is San Antonio a suburb of far west Houston? I know the Chron places stories from all over the world, but lately I've seen more and more articles that make you think are in Houston, when when you read it, it is actually San Antonio. Maybe they need a San Antonio section for those who care about San Antonio?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2017, 10:02 AM

6,292 posts, read 7,510,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
I don't get it... is San Antonio a suburb of far west Houston? I know the Chron places stories from all over the world, but lately I've seen more and more articles that make you think are in Houston, when when you read it, it is actually San Antonio. Maybe they need a San Antonio section for those who care about San Antonio?

The Chronicle has a City/State section so it makes sense to me that they would run stories in that section from all over the state including DFW and Austin and of course San Antonio

Old 01-12-2017, 10:08 AM

3,231 posts, read 4,568,859 times
That is kind of strange. If the articles are in the state section though then it makes sense. And I guess since SA is the second biggest city in Texas, they probably have a few news stories of their own that the Chron feels compelled to report.

Old 01-12-2017, 10:17 AM

5,976 posts, read 15,282,094 times
Default Meh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
The Chronicle has a City/State section so it makes sense to me that they would run stories in that section from all over the state including DFW and Austin and of course San Antonio
Perhaps, maybe so, but today the article I'm referring to is titled 'Federal raids targets Texas drug ring' and is in the 'Need to Know' section. Often times I see them in the 'The Lead' section. This is the online version BTW.

Old 01-12-2017, 10:21 AM

280 posts, read 384,337 times
so those living in Katy can keep up with the largest city near them.

Old 01-12-2017, 10:21 AM

3,842 posts, read 8,275,785 times
I agree with the OP. I have noticed it too. My guess is the Chronicle is going the way of yahoo news - cut corners just to fill up space. They, along with the Beaumont and SA paper, are owned by the same company, so they try to sneak in a little cut-and-paste here and there. They quality of the local paper has nosedived. Last month they ran an article about a sex toy. There has been an uptick in the number of articles about pseudo-'celebrities' with absolutely no perceptible talent other than shopping and posing.

Old 01-12-2017, 10:36 AM

6,292 posts, read 7,510,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
Perhaps, maybe so, but today the article I'm referring to is titled 'Federal raids targets Texas drug ring' and is in the 'Need to Know' section. Often times I see them in the 'The Lead' section. This is the online version BTW.
I am a subscriber so I really don't know what the difference is between the daily paper and the on-line version but if your not paying I doubt you are getting the local version because that would be self defeating for their subscriber base don't you think ?

Maybe you should post a thread in the San Antonio forum asking this question from their point of view maybe they are tired of reading articles about FBI Raids in Houston...

Old 01-12-2017, 10:54 AM

4,875 posts, read 10,079,439 times
The Chron has separate sites for free and subscriber news. Chron.com versus houstonchronicle.com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
I am a subscriber so I really don't know what the difference is between the daily paper and the on-line version but if your not paying I doubt you are getting the local version because that would be self defeating for their subscriber base don't you think ?

Maybe you should post a thread in the San Antonio forum asking this question from their point of view maybe they are tired of reading articles about FBI Raids in Houston...

Old 01-12-2017, 11:48 AM

18,132 posts, read 25,311,830 times
Chronicle = copy/paste

I bet they are owned by the same company

Old 01-12-2017, 11:57 AM

4,875 posts, read 10,079,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Chronicle = copy/paste

I bet they are owned by the same company
Chronicle is owned by Hearst who also publishes the San Francisco Chronicle and the San Antonio Express-News.

Remember many articles are supplied by Associated Press.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston