Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 11:07 AM

234 posts, read 425,214 times

Advertisements

I would pick Elyson. Elyson pretty much has the same builders as Jordan Ranch (Westin Homes, Perry Homes, David Weekley, Highland Homes), if not better ones like Darling Homes and Trendmaker. Also the community is going to be 3,600 acres so there are high expectations.

Regarding price of Homes in Elyson, you should go visit you might be able to get a really good deal. I know some people who have

Trying to find an established neighborhood with a lower tax rate in the south part of Katy is going to be hard (i.e. anything less than 3%). Katy Creek Ranch is the lowest I know of at around 2.8 or 2.9% but that neighborhood has a lot of rental homes.

Regarding the schools zoned to Elyson, they are the new schools. Katy ISD assigns the best teachers to the new Katy isd schools. Lets hope Stockdick and Paetow do well. I know Bethke is great comparing and having experienced other elementary schools in the south part of Katy.

Last edited by 96tahoe; 02-09-2017 at 11:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2017, 07:05 PM

214 posts, read 307,137 times
I think that you will get better value in Jordan Ranch. The schools are excellent and you get a better value due to the perception that kisd is so much superior to lcisd. In fact I think that Fulshear high is more likely to better rated than the new kisd high school (paetow) than vice versa. Why? Because the demographics that feed into it are more likely to remain constant than those that feed into paetow. North katy is the wild Wild West... there is so much open land out there... who knows how it will develop...will it go the way of south katy or Morton ranch ? No one knows yet. Whereas Jordan ranch looks and feels like an extension of south katy, which we know is good. My vote is for Jordan ranch.

Old 02-09-2017, 08:25 PM

87 posts, read 148,983 times
My husband and I both scoped out Elyson and Jordan Ranch. Both are nice neighborhoods. Both have reputable developers behind them, and good builders. The new high school is a plus for JR (though there isn't good access to it right now--until Fulshear Parkway is built), but Elyson will get a new high school soon for KISD at some point. I would look at tax rate, compare builder prices in both neighborhoods, and proximity to ammenitites like shopping. Both are out in no-mans land, but Elyson has a lot of proposed retail coming (eventually). I don't recall Jordan Ranch having retail mixed into their development. Plus, don't forget you'll have tolls on 99 from Elyson to access I-10 or 290.

Personally, I REALLY liked Elyson. They have beautiful facilities already open, have a nice master plan from those who brought you Cinco Ranch, and they have restrictions on the ratio of garage vs living area on their elevations. Only problem is that it's waaaaaaaaaay expensive for me! (at least for right now) Best of luck to ya!

Old 02-10-2017, 12:02 AM

293 posts, read 756,523 times
Jordan Ranch will be getting a Kroger Martketplace at I-10 and Pederson rd in the next few years.

http://www.newquest.com/pdfs/Texas_H...arketplace.pdf

Old 03-19-2017, 05:19 PM

2 posts, read 14,221 times
Thanks so much for everyone's help. We are leaning towards Elyson although Jordan Ranch is beautiful Elyson feels more established.

Old 03-21-2017, 10:49 AM

234 posts, read 425,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownie1013 View Post
Thanks so much for everyone's help. We are leaning towards Elyson although Jordan Ranch is beautiful Elyson feels more established.

Good Choice.

Old 01-26-2018, 11:49 AM

112 posts, read 166,362 times
Brownie1013 Did you end up buying in Elyson? If so how do you like it so far?

Old 01-26-2018, 03:11 PM

467 posts, read 778,629 times
The 99 corridor between 290 and i10 opened up a few years ago.. Elyson is the tip of the iceberg for the growth and development. With Bridgeland filling in on the north portion, and Elyson filling in on the south portion of 99, we saw a tremendous value right now.

Its just really early right now. The Developer of the subdivision made us feel much better about it - Newland communities did Cinco Ranch and Telfair developments. Jordan Ranch is being done by Johnson Development, also a good developer.

We looked at both neighborhoods, Elyson has it all (location, schools, etc).

Old 01-26-2018, 04:35 PM

1,743 posts, read 3,820,900 times
Elyson will be good...in 10 years. Nothing out there right now.

Old 01-26-2018, 04:50 PM

467 posts, read 778,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston321 View Post
Elyson will be good...in 10 years. Nothing out there right now.
That's exactly why we started looking here. Katy ISD Schools, Great Developer & Builders.
If you look at the same plans in establish master planned communities they are $30k-75k more in price depending on builder.

Kroger is 1 exit down 99.. also you can take Peek Rd over there as well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston