Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 07:10 PM

137 posts, read 256,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOrDead_YNWA View Post
We did look at Fieldstone, wife didn't like the feel of the neighborhood, not trying to step on any toes but the "affordabilty" of some of the homes is apparent. We also saw a lot of "For Lease" signs, about 6 on the quick drive we took through, that made us feel like there would be too much neighbor turnover. We have dealt with that living inside the loop, every year 2 or 3 of the 16 town homes in our complex goes up for sale or new tenants move in, some of those people have not been pleasant neighbors. We want a more stable community for our young family.

I'm sure there are areas and streets in Fieldstone that suit our needs, but for those reasons above, it just didn't grab us.
Their sign is really nice, but when you drive through it's kind of a let down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOrDead_YNWA View Post
I looked into Windsor Estates, it seems kind of small. And this may sound strange but I actually want the big MPC with all that comes with it. I have always lived in apartments, then town homes, it is appealing to me to live in a big, nice neighborhood, with amenities, events, and all that. I guess you could say I am ready to go full suburb. Also wife doesn't want a single builder community, she wants a bit of variety instead of seeing the same aesthetic on every street.

River Park West I think flooded, so not interested, and River Park (the original) didn't have any inventory with our specifications.
We looked there too, but consider the surrounding land around it. There's too much unknown. Who knows what will get built next and across the neighborhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2017, 12:59 PM

37 posts, read 128,055 times
We're currently building a Highland home in The Trace (N of 99) Long Meadow Farms.

Before making this decision we had looked for years at several communities around Fort Bend county (Harvest Green, Pecan Grove, Firethorne, Elyson, Sienna, Jordan Ranch) but were always drawn back to LMF because of the price, amenities, builders, close proximity to shopping and major freeways, and since my children attend LCISD, I wanted to keep them in the same district.

Most of the replies you've received are spot on, good luck with your search!

Old 02-15-2017, 05:39 PM

2,188 posts, read 3,214,982 times
in that area of town doesn't take much to shift demographics one way....

Old 02-17-2017, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbcu View Post
in that area of town doesn't take much to shift demographics one way....
You can say that again

http://www.houstontx.gov/mayor/press...elopments.html

A resolution of support for four proposals in the city’s ETJ

Catalon at Harvest Green, Hwy 99 and Harlem Road in Fort Bend County

Terraces at Arboretum, 15928 Old Richmond Road in Fort Bend County

Willow Grove Apartments, Bellaire Boulevard and South Peek Road in Fort Bend County

---

A resolution of no objection for two proposals in the city’s ETJ

Campanile at Mission Bend, Beechnut and Lobera Drive in Fort Bend County

Old 02-19-2017, 04:35 PM

243 posts, read 487,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldmco View Post
You can say that again

Press Releases

A resolution of support for four proposals in the city’s ETJ

Catalon at Harvest Green, Hwy 99 and Harlem Road in Fort Bend County

Terraces at Arboretum, 15928 Old Richmond Road in Fort Bend County

Willow Grove Apartments, Bellaire Boulevard and South Peek Road in Fort Bend County

---

A resolution of no objection for two proposals in the city’s ETJ

Campanile at Mission Bend, Beechnut and Lobera Drive in Fort Bend County
Yeah, this area is heading into the abyss quickly. Everyone paying for 300K+ homes, particularly in the FBISD zoned areas, is going to lose money.

Old 02-19-2017, 11:17 PM

25 posts, read 40,646 times
https://www.rclco.com/advisory-mpc-s...end-2017-01-04 Check this out! Aliana is the top choice.

Old 02-20-2017, 04:57 AM

392 posts, read 316,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirus1020 View Post
https://www.rclco.com/advisory-mpc-s...end-2017-01-04 Check this out! Aliana is the top choice.
Aliana is my top choice also.

When Tel-fair opened up at $100/sf, people thought it was overpriced and went to Riverstone. Now, both Tel-Fair and Riverstone are around $150/sf.

If I were in the market, I would try to get in at Alianna for $115/sf and Harvest Green for $110/sf. The apartments are going up at the Grand Parkway near HEB and Target; They should be there to provide living spaces for hourly and low paying jobs.

Unless we have another 2008 crash, home buyers at the above prices will not lose money selling them at $130-150/sf when both delelopments are completely built-out in 3 years. (4000 homes in Aliana and 2000 homes in Harvest Green)

Old 02-20-2017, 09:13 AM

675 posts, read 1,452,778 times
Coming soon to Harvest Green...low income apartment community:

http://agendalink.co.fort-bend.tx.us...rvestGreen.pdf

Old 02-20-2017, 09:59 AM

I wouldn't consider buying in this area until these proposals are rejected or confirmed. 1 project would be eh, but 4 within a 5 miles of one another is ridiculous.

Old 02-20-2017, 07:11 PM

243 posts, read 487,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldmco View Post
I wouldn't consider buying in this area until these proposals are rejected or confirmed. 1 project would be eh, but 4 within a 5 miles of one another is ridiculous.
All zoned to the same high school. The problem is that this is all relatively cheap land as compared to the land north of Westpark or south of US-90A. It's no-mans land. Might as well call it West Alief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston