Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2017, 03:10 PM

923 posts, read 4,696,037 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My friend went to a local salon which has lot of chains throughout Houston and the lady was doing her waxing when she burned my friend's face right below the eyes on both sides. My friend has been on emotional rollercoaster for 2 weeks now. Crying and really battling emotions. The burning has left a burn mark on both of her cheeks.

What are options for my friend in this case?

Can she sue and where can she find a lawyer?

Is this suing back fire on her and in the end she spend more money to lawyers? or even loose the case

My friend and I have no idea about suing or lawyers or how to proceed.

My friend has been crying for over 2 weeks now and putting lotions recommended by doctors.

Please help me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2017, 03:20 PM

61,430 posts, read 86,526,431 times
Ask her to visit a dermatologist to find out the extent of the skin damage.
If your friend is not into money, bad reviews on their FB will probably work best. Backup them with pictures.

Old 02-15-2017, 03:22 PM

She has already seen a skin doctor and the doctor recommended some creams. She has been putting creams on those burnt places but I have seen it without cream and it does not look good

Old 02-15-2017, 03:41 PM

Did she ask the Dr. if the burns are permanent ?
Did she go back to the salon and talk with the manager, and what she was told?
I mean, the damage must be somehow substantial if she wants to hire lawyer, and sue them.

In addition to state laws, all beauty salons are subject to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' strict regulations. If she suffer an injury at a local beauty salon and decide to file an insurance claim, there are several legal issues she needs to deal with.
Everything is explained here:
http://www.injuryclaimcoach.com/salo...ce-claim.html#

Old 02-15-2017, 04:03 PM

She is not telling me what the doctor said. The doctor said to come after 2 weeks. She did not even was going to doctor but I forced her and she went to doctor after one week .she did not confronted the salon. She is just an emotional mess

Old 02-15-2017, 04:05 PM

Default Reply

So can I hire a lawyer to do all work how does that work? Does the lawyer get paid only if they win the case?

Old 02-15-2017, 04:12 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,965,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marykate1 View Post
So can I hire a lawyer to do all work how does that work? Does the lawyer get paid only if they win the case?

YOU are going to hire the lawyer? I thought you said this was a FRIEND and she was trying to figure out if SHE wanted to hire a lawyer?

If you need to know about what and how the lawyer will get paid, I suggest you call one and ask. You can find a lot of 'ambulance chaser' lawyers who might work on contingency but you have to convince THEM, not us that the case might be winnable. I would get that doctor's assessment first (in writing) of what the long term issues might be and then read the link Elnina posted above - and then look for a lawyer if necessary.

Old 02-15-2017, 04:42 PM

738 posts, read 758,447 times
Typically personal injury lawyers work on contingency which usually means the lawyer gets a set percentage of the settlement or awarded damages. This can also include deductions for expenses so they get their expenses first and then the rest is split. Depends on the case and lawyer.

Couple of points.
1. Your friend has to hire the lawyer since she was damaged.
2. She has to have real damages. Damages include medical care, lost work, etc.
3. She or her lawyer should attempt to recover the damages prior to filing a lawsuit. Lots of businesses will pay real damages that they caused especially if an insurance claim is not made and there is no lawsuit.
4. She should document the extent of her injuries with pictures and notes and steps she is taking for recovery.

Personally if she wasn't hospitalized or permanently injured I doubt a lawyer is worth it unless they are completely obstinate. She should call and ask to talk to the owner and ask they reimburse her for her medical bills lost hours at work or give their insurance claim number if they won't pay out of pocket.

They'll probably ask for receipts or a doctor note to show something actually happened and she should do it sooner rather than later.

Old 02-15-2017, 07:20 PM

10,984 posts, read 7,067,129 times
Awesome thread title! Sure got my attention.

Old 02-15-2017, 07:49 PM

^^^ Are you a lawyer??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: