Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 07:16 PM

214 posts, read 306,837 times

Advertisements

School districts do demographic studies to plan for future growth. I live in Lamar consolidated and I am fascinated by the fact that every piece of land between I 10, Simon ton / the Brazos river and Richmond is already accounted for. Johnson already owns some land west of jordan ranch for its next Mpc (fulshear farms) and an area the size of the woodlands centering on Simonton is owned by a development company (Twinwood). At the rate that things have been growing on the west side I would say that the next 15 years are already accounted for, barring anything crazy happening. Check it out: https://www.lcisd.org/about/demographics-reports

I imagine that other school districts do the same thing. I would love to hear from folks in the south and the north to see if there are any other such isd demographic studies with large scale Mpcs planned in their corner of houston.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2017, 12:10 AM

1,336 posts, read 6,444,076 times
Houston Metro has expanded immensely in just about every direction. There's been huge expansion over the past 20 years in the Cypress, Tomball, Klein Areas with much more to come in the Northwest quadrant for the foreseeable future as the Grand Parkway will be a massive growth engine.

I recently read that the Cy-Fair area has added more people in the past 17 years than 21 States. Cypress, TX also ranks #9 in the United States for highest per capita income for Urban areas with over 100,000 people.

Old 03-13-2017, 04:31 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,690,565 times
Eventually SH99 will make a loop. I checked the toll authority and their plans and was amazed at how completing that will add so much growth. I'm too lazy to link it but be aware plans are there. The latest section was up to Tomball and of course they had flooding problems with excess runoff. 2016 was not a good year for rain and flooding, especially the west part of town.

Old 03-14-2017, 09:22 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,767,122 times
I can see the growth going all the way to Sealy and to Prairie View.

Old 12-07-2017, 08:54 AM

It appears that Dayton is in on the growth. They are planning a 7,000 acre community over there.

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/...ity-to-be.html

Old 12-07-2017, 08:03 PM

1,237 posts, read 2,017,815 times
Dayton is actually not that far from downtown Houston, but it's hard to wrap around the idea that there is massive growth there. But it is the last quadrant not being built out from the city.

Old 12-07-2017, 08:31 PM

268 posts, read 239,563 times
There is lots of infill development, densifying the loop and west side.

Eado and east of museum district are other growth areas.

As to suburban growth, they are pushing the lake Houston area pretty hard and they say it has a diversified economy up there but I really don't know. All the west side established suburbs still have room to grow and I assume woodlands is still a powerhouse.

NW 290 is held back by lack of offices.

Old 12-07-2017, 09:06 PM

1,940 posts, read 3,562,086 times
I don't know how reliable Houston Agent Magazine is, but the article seemed well written.
https://houstonagentmagazine.com/201...lation-growth/

It predicts growth on the east side. This could be true as industries and logistics expand (nation's largest port?). BUT the east stretch has always seemed kind of a no-man's land and Beaumont/Golden Triangle has always seemed stagnant and regressive. But who knows? It could happen?

Maybe Beaumont's only turn around in it's death spiral could come from Houston's outer growth and it's Lamar University off shoots?

I just don't see it though. To me that has always been hurricane alley...

Old 12-07-2017, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Failed Engineer View Post
Dayton is actually not that far from downtown Houston, but it's hard to wrap around the idea that there is massive growth there. But it is the last quadrant not being built out from the city.
Because of this reason, I definitely see it growing. That area is finally about to start growing.

Old 12-09-2017, 07:57 AM

8,895 posts, read 19,990,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Failed Engineer View Post
All of the above. Houston is still downright cheap compared to cities on both coasts and we'll continue to see influxes of people from there. Some will go back because they think Houston sucks but a large percentage of them will stay. Land is there in all directions still to build housing. The SE side will probably run out of room first but places like League City and Dickinson still have a lot of land. Even Friendswood isn't close to being maxed out yet on housing. There is really no shortage of land in any of the other quadrants, and the housing market keeps indicating an abundance of people willing to sacrifice commute for new housing stock.
Friendswood is pretty landlocked. Not a whole lot more they can grow. New roads connecting them to other cities all the time but not so much space left in actual Friendswood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston